Extending your I-20
Please always be aware of the program end date on your I-20! You can find the program end date on your I-20 under number 5 on the first page of your I-20. If your I-20 is going to expire, prepare the following documentation and submit it to the ISC:
- I-20 Extension Request Packet
- I-20 Extension Request Form
- Agreement of Support Form – needs to be signed by the sponsor that is paying for your education. This form is not required if you are supporting yourself.
- Agreement of Room & Board Form – not required
- A Bank Statement proving $22,000
- must be current within 6 months
- must be in English
Please note the following:
International Student Counselors can only extend your I-20 one year at a time.
Your I-20 extension request could be denied if you have not been taking classes that pertain to the major that appears on your I-20, if you have failed many classes, or if you have not been attending your classes.
Bank statements may only come from personal accounts. The ISC will not accept any property value, business or money market accounts.
Notification of extension will be sent only to Bergen e-mail accounts. If you are unable to access your e-mail account, review the information from Student Help.
All extension requests may take 5 – 10 business days to process.
Appointments are not required. Simply drop the packet off with its corresponding documentation to the ISC.