If yo​u wish to travel outside of the USA, you must have the following to re-enter the U.S.:

  • SEVIS I-20 with current signature on page 3 by an International Student Counselor
  • Valid passport
  • Valid F-1 visa in your passport
  • Proof of financial support (sometimes requested at the Port of Entry)
  • Valid BCC student ID card, and proof of full time registration for your current, or next, semester.

For those who have changed status within the USA:
Though you have obtained F-1 Status, you have a different visa in your passport. As long as you remain in the United States studying and maintaining your status, you do not need to obtain an F-1 visa in your passport. However, if you leave the United States, you will need to return to your home country to obtain an F-1 visa. Please know that there is a chance that your F-1 visa could be denied. It is a risk to travel. If this is your situation, and you must return home, please make an appointment with an International Student Counselor for advice on what documents you should bring to your consulate in your home country.