Please always be aware of the program end date on your I-20!
You can find the program end date on your I-20 under number 5 on the first page of your I-20.
If your I-20 is going to expire, prepare the required documentation and submit it to the ISC.
Please note the following:
- International Student Counselors can only extend your I-20 one year at a time.
- Your I-20 extension request could be denied if you have not been taking classes that pertain to the major that appears on your I-20, if you have failed many classes, or if you have not been attending your classes.
- Bank statements may only come from personal accounts. The ISC will not accept any property value, business or money market accounts.
- Notification of extension will be sent only to Bergen e-mail accounts. If you are unable to access your e-mail account, review the information from Student Help.
- All extension requests may take 5 – 10 business days to process.
- Appointments are not required. Simply drop the packet off with its corresponding documentation to the ISC.