All classes resume online Monday, March 23. Students must check their Bergen-issued email address and Moodle for directions from faculty. On-campus offices are closed; staff are all working remotely. Details at Bergen.edu/covid19.
The Sidney Silverman Library is intended primarily for the use of Bergen Community College students, faculty and staff. However, all are welcome to visit the Library and to use its resources within the Library.
Borrowing privileges are extended to BCC students, faculty, staff and members of the BCC Foundation Alumni network, and to community residents through a borrowing agreement with the Bergen County Cooperative Library System (BCCLS).
- Periodicals, and Reference books are for in-library use only.
- Reserve Materials:
- For use by patrons with valid BCC borrowing privileges
- For in-library use only for a period of 2 hours, limited to one item at a time.
- Failure to return Reserve material on time may result in the suspension of Reserve borrowing privileges.
- Interlibrary Loan: restricted to BCC students, faculty, staff and members of the BCC Foundation Alumni Network
- Study Rooms: use is restricted to BCC students only engaged in course-related work only, not available for use by faculty, staff, BCCLS, and general public
- Borrowing privileges are suspended when items are overdue
- Lost or Damaged items:
- A borrower is responsible for lost or damaged items including ILL materials.
- For each lost or damaged item, a borrower will be charged the Library’s purchase price of the item plus a $15.00 non-refundable processing fee to cover the cost of overdue notices, ordering and processing of replacements. If the item is later returned, a refund will be made up to one year with a receipt or canceled check but the $15.00 fee is not refundable.
- Note: The Library cannot accept a replacement copy purchased by the patron.
Off-campus access to BCC Library online resources and to the campus wireless network is restricted to BCC Faculty, Staff and Students who are currently enrolled in courses which bear institutional and/or degree credits.