Waitlist allows students to queue up for any possible seat that may become available in originally closed sections.
You can waitlist classes via your Bergen Portal (my.bergen.edu) account by selecting “Waitlist” instead of “Register.”
1. Ensure you are accessing your Bergen email account – Official communication
- a. If you are Waitlisted and a seat becomes available, an email is sent notifying you of opportunity
- b. Generally you will have 24 hours to register from time of notification
2. Ensure your directory information is properly updated in the system (e.g. phone, personal email, etc.).
3. A “Closed” class/course section may still permit you to be waitlisted. Simply Enter on “Waitlist”:
- a. Not all classes have a waitlist option (many Health Profession classes do not);
- b. The College will not override you into a class you are waitlisted on;
- c. Waitlisted students are not permitted to be in class they are not registered for.
4. The Waitlist process continues during weekends and over breaks (Campuses may not be open.. see #7).
5. Once Waitlisted, you are on a first-on-waitlist, first-notified basis.
6. You MUST ensure that you have no holds or other reasons which may prevent you from registering online:
- a. If you are waitlisted and have a hold on your student account, you will still be notified of opportunity should it arise, but will not have access to registration if the hold is not cleared (can be an issue when offices are closed)
- b. You are expected to have met all pre/corequisite requirements (following your academic program of study).
- c. If you skipped or have been waived from a required course it may prevent you from online registration (have it resolved immediately).
7. You MUST drop other section of the same course if applicable. Avoid double billing. Add/drop fees may apply.
8. If you do not register within the prescribed time, you must go and waitlist yourself again:
- a. If you have not registered (missed the timeline) you may waitlist yourself again.
- b. You will not retain your original place in the order, and will be listed in the order in which you reenlisted.
9. Students may inquire on their status online, through the Bergen Portal/Self-Service (my.bergen.edu).
10. You will not have a bill for a class for which you are only waitlisted for. If you are registered for the same class for which you are waitlisted for (different section), you will still be required to pay for that section of the class.
11. Waitlist does not guarantee that you will be registered for a particular class even if you have permission. Bergen reserves the right to manage registration into courses without prior notification to students on a waitlist.
12. STUDENTS SHOULD REFER TO www.bergen.edu/regcal FOR ALL ENDS DATES ASSOCIATED WITH THE WAITLIST.
ONCE WAITLIST ENDS, ALL OPEN SEATS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR REGISTRATION ON A FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVED BASIS IRRESPECTIVE OF A STUDENTS POSITION AND STATUS ON THE WAITLIST PRIOR TO THE END DATE. OVERRIDES ARE NOT PROVIDED WHEN CLASSES ARE FULL.
For the most current news on the waitlist process, please visit this Waitlist Process information Web page (www.bergen.edu/waitlist ).