Two types of assessment are conducted by the Center for Institutional Effectiveness (CIE) at Bergen Community College, Administrative and Educational Support Assessment and Assessment of Student Learning.
Administrative and Educational Support Assessment evaluates the overall effectiveness with which the college is achieving its goals. The assessment of student learning determines to what extent students are acquiring the knowledge, skills and competencies expected of them as they move through the courses in their programs.
The results of these assessments improve programs and services, enhance student learning and impact the planning and allocation of resources. All academic departments and designated administrative and educational support departments develop assessment plans.
2018-2019 Workshop Series
Below are the Brown Bag Lunch Series and the Assessment Workshop Series for Fall 2018 and Spring 2019! Don’t miss out on these amazing workshops and presentations covering everything from Free Community College to Workforce Development and Assessment 101 to Evaluation and Interpretation of Results!
These forms are necessary for conducting assessment at Bergen Community College. Please refer to the Administrative and Educational Support Form for AES Assessment and the Academic Assessment Report Form for Assessment of Student Learning. All Assessment Liaisons please fill out the Assessment Liaison Administrative Assignment Form.
- Administrative and Educational Support Assessment Report Form
- Academic Assessment Report Form
- Assessment Liaison Administrative Assignment Form
Assessment Documents and References
Consult the documents below for an overview of assessment at Bergen Community College.
- Assessment Handbook (2015 Edition)
- Assessment Handbook (2013 Edition)
- Assessment Definitions
- Ten Principles of Meaningful Assessment
- Formative Rubric for Outcomes Assessment Plan
- Summative Rating Rubric for Outcomes Assessment
Meta-Analyses of Assessment Activities
In order to create a college-wide understanding of the current status of outcomes assessment at Bergen, the CIE Assessment Fellows conduct an annual holistic meta-analysis of assessment activities.
- Meta-Analysis of Assessment Activities 2016 – 2018 Cycle
- Meta-Analysis of Assessment Activities 2015 – 2017 Cycle
- Meta-Analysis of Assessment Activities 2014 – 2016 Cycle
- Meta-Analysis of Assessment Activities 2013 – 2015 Cycle
- Meta-Analysis of Assessment Activities 2012 – 2014 Cycle
- Meta-Analysis of Assessment Activities 2011 – 2013 Cycle