Assessment of Student Learning
The College’s academic departments have been assessing student learning outcomes systematically and continuously since 2005. As a result of these assessments numerous curricular and pedagogical changes have been implemented. Assessment occurs at the program, course and departmental levels.
Each department participates in the assessment of student learning outcomes. To better manage the process, the departments are on asynchronous two-year cycles. The departments offering career programs (AAS degrees) are on odd year cycles. The departments offering transfer (AA, AFA or AS) degrees, along with the Developmental Math, American Language Program and English Basic Skills departments, are on even year cycles.
Each academic department has an assessment liaison. The Center has CIE Fellows whose responsibility is to work with the liaisons as they coordinate the development of assessment plans and reports within their departments. Assessment workshops, co-sponsored by Faculty Development, are offered throughout the academic year. These workshops provide liaisons with information concerning each phase of the assessment process. Additionally, the Faculty Senate has established a Learning Assessment Committee (LAC) to oversee the process of assessment.
Assessment Members and Schedules
- Assessment Schedule, Division of Business, Arts and Social Sciences – Spring 2018
- Assessment Schedule, Division of Health Professions – Spring 2018
- Assessment Schedule, Division of Humanities – Spring 2018
- Assessment Schedule, Division of Mathematics, Science and Technology – Spring 2018
- Deans, Chairs, Assessment Liaisons and Learning Assessment Committee Representatives – Spring 2018