Payment Options Quick Reference
|Credit & Debit Card||eCheck||Check/Money Order||Cash|
* There is a non-refundable service fee of 2.85% charged for all debit and credit card payments. This fee goes directly to the payment service provider and is not levied by the college.
Online Payment Methods
- Payments can be made online through the Student Self Service/Student Finance (my.bergen.edu) portal.
- Payments can be made by students and/or authorized users (parents, employers or third-party sponsors) using an eCheck (electronic check), credit card, or debit card.
- To access your student Account Summary details and Make Payment, please log on my.bergen.edu, then follow “Student Finance/Payments” menu option.
Updated account balance can be viewed on the Account Summary and Account Activity tabs.
eCheck is an electronic deduction from a personal U.S. checking or savings account.
Payments made by eCheck are processed at no charge to you.
You will need the routing and account number from a personal U.S. checking account to process an eCheck payment online. See sample routing information below.
Always comes first and is exactly 9 digits.
Varies in length depending on the institution. May appear before or after the check number. Include any leading zeros, but omit spaces and non-numeric characters.
Not needed. Do not include the check number.
It is important to enter your banking account information accurately. Your payment transaction cannot be completed unless this information is entered correctly. If you have questions about your routing and account number, contact your bank.
Credit or Debit Card
While the College is unable to accept credit or debit card payments directly, a third-party partner has been contracted to accept Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Amex, and online check payments via their TouchNet payment portal.
Note: there is a non-refundable service fee of 2.85% charged by the vendor each time you use a credit or debit card to process a payment. This fee is added to your tuition and fee charges.
- * There is a non-refundable service fee of 2.85% charged for all debit and credit card payments. This fee goes directly to the payment service provider and is not levied by the college.
- If you are planning to use a debit card linked to a U.S. checking/savings account, consider using the eCheck payment method instead to avoid the 2.85% service fee charged for all debit and credit card transactions.
- Credit and debit card payments can only be done online. We are unable to process these credit and debit card payments by phone or in person.
Paying in Installments
Bergen Community College is pleased to continue offering the tuition payment plan, administered by Nelnet Business Solutions as a manageable alternative to paying your semester bill in a lump-sum payment.
The tuition payment plan is interest-free and can be used on its own or in combination with financial aid, grants, and loans. It also allows students to pay the semester’s costs interest-free over a number of months. The first payment is due at the time of enrollment in the plan. Remaining payments will be billed at intervals based on payment plan selection.
- This payment plan has a non-refundable service fee of 2.75% payable to the vendor each time you use a credit or debit card to process a payment.
- If you are planning to use a debit card linked to a U.S. checking/savings account, consider using the eCheck payment method instead to avoid the 2.75% service fee charged for all debit and credit card transactions.
- To be eligible, you must register for a minimum of $500.00 and pay a non-refundable enrollment fee of $25.00.
- To learn more, click the following link – Tuition Payment Plan or to make changes to your current plan.
You will need to present your BCC ID card or a government-issued photo ID at the One Stop/Bursar Office (One Stop Center, Pitkin Education Center) when making an in-person payment.
Payments can be made:
- In cash
- By check or money order – payable to: Bergen Community College
- Include your seven-digit student ID number on the memo line of your check or money order.
Payment by Mail
- Log into your student portal (my.bergen.edu) and select the Student Finance/Payments > Student Finance >Account Activity menu options
- Select the term(s) for your payment and click “View Statement” to generate a PDF statement.
- Include your student ID number on the memo line of your check or money order.
- Mail your check together with the Remittance Form at the top of the statement at least seven business days prior to your due date in order to ensure timely delivery and avoid class cancellation for non-payment.
- You may mail your check or money order without the Remittance Form if you are unable to print the Term Statement from the Account Activity tab. In order to facilitate prompt processing of your payment, it is extremely important that you include your full name and 7-digit student ID on the check or money order.
Payments must be mailed to:
Bergen Community College
ATN: Bursar’s Office/One Stop Center, Room OS-136
400 Paramus Road,
Paramus, New Jersey 07652-1595.
If you have billing or payment questions, you may E-mail the Bursar’s Office at email@example.com
You may also visit us at One Stop Center in the Pitkin Education Center.