What forms of payment does Bergen Community College accept?
- Online Payment
- Credit/debit Card
- In Person
- Check/Money Order
- By Mail
- Check/Money Order Only
- Payment Plan
- Credit/Debit Card
- If paying your account online, Bergen Community College (BCC) through a third-party partner, accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. There is a 2.85% non-refundableservice fee to use a credit or debit card.
- E-Checks are also accepted online and there is no service fee for this method of payment.
- If making payment in person at the Bursar’s Office (Pitkin Education Center – Rm. L127), checks or cash are accepted.
- If mailing in a payment, BCC accepts personal checks, money orders and cashier checks. Payment must be received by the payment deadline and can be mailed to:
Bergen Community College
Bursar’s Office (Rm. L127)
400 Paramus Road
Paramus, NJ 07652
- Note: Include your student ID number on the check or money order
What happens If I want to pay by debit card?
- The debit card is processed like a credit card. The 2.85% service fee will apply.
- However, as the debit card is connected to a U.S. bank account, you can avoid the service fee by paying with an e-check instead.
- If the e-check payment option is selected, the payment site will ask for your routing number and account number. These numbers may be obtained from your paper check or by contacting your financial institution.
I see two charges on my credit card statement when making payment on my student account Why?
- One transaction is for the 2.85% nonrefundable service fee paid to TouchNet, BCC’s payment servicer.
- The other transaction is the tuition and fee amount paid to BCC.
How secure is my online payment?
When “Make a Payment” is selected, the user is sent to the TouchNet payment website for processing. The user’s credit/debit card and account data are not collected and/or stored by the college. The TouchNet website and underlying payment processing system is Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant, and utilizes a variety of technologies and procedural controls to provide a secure e-payment system. For additional information, you may visit the TouchNet website at http://www.touchnet.com.
What happens If I get a refund?
If the overpayment on your account is from a credit card payment, the refund will be applied back to your credit card. No part of the service fee will be refunded. If the overpayment is from a check or cash payment, a refund will be sent by check to your mailing address in the college data base or by direct deposit to your checking account if have configured this option through your student portal (my.bergen.edu). Direct deposit is highly recommended as it is the safest and fastest way to receive your refund.
How long before my payment shows on my account?
Your payment will appear on your account within 1 minute of the payment being made. If it doesn’t, please contact the Bursar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
When will I get a bill on my account to find out the balance due and payment date?
Paper bills are not mailed to students. Students are required to check their account periodically through the student portal (my.bergen.edu) to see if there is an outstanding balance.
Does BCC offer a payment plan?
BCC offers a payment plan to students during the Fall and Spring terms. Visit www.myCollegePaymentplan.com/Bergen for additional information.