Bergen Community College has served as a leader in developing and sustaining strong K-12 partnerships to provide opportunities for all students. Through partnerships with 48 school districts, the College strives to accelerate college readiness and completion rates. As a key partner with local industry and businesses, Bergen Community College can facilitate relationships between with K-12 partners to strengthen awareness and create pipelines from high school to college, and from college to career. Explore our K-12 programs below.
- 48 local high schools participate in our dual enrollment College-High School Partnership Programs
- 11 high schools and over 300 students have enrolled in Early College Programs
- Bergen offers Dual Enrollment classes at 48 local districts with 373 unique courses
- The first class of Certified Production Technicians graduated last year and were placed into immediate employment.
- Get a head start on college and enter the 4 year school close or at junior status
- Strengthen college applications with college level coursework
- Save time and money to complete a college degree
- Explore career options
- Create a smooth transition to higher education
- Fulfill high school requirements while simultaneously earning college credit
- Students can still participate in extracurricular clubs and sports after school
All of our College-High School Partnership Programs take place at any of our three locations including Paramus, Hackensack and Meadowlands or online.
The Turning Point Program is a two-year post-secondary experience for young adults with intellectual disabilities interested in continuing their education. The program utilizes student-centered planning, enhanced academic and peer mentoring support to provide an inclusive college experience. Areas of study include: career skill development and vocational opportunities, academic enrichment, increased ability for self-advocacy and independence. For more information, visit our Turning Point website.
HSE – High School Equivalency for Adults
High School Equivalency (HSE) courses give adults the opportunity to complete their high school degree by preparing for and passing an HSE exam. Beginning with a placement test, students will refresh their foundational skills or they can begin practicing the content areas of the HSE exam. For more information, visit our High School Equivalency for Adults webpage.
Counselors, teachers and high school administrators interested in learning more about our high school partnerships, please contact email@example.com