Success 101 is a 3-credit college readiness course designed to prepare students for the rigors and expectations of higher education. Students who take this course experience Bergen Community College’s support team of tutors, counselors, librarians, learning communities, workshops, events, clubs, student organizations, and the OneStop.
The curriculum includes:
- Transition from high school to college
- Self-management and organization (time, money, academic)
- Study strategies, note-taking, test-taking skills
- Degree exploration, course planning, and career development
- Health, wellness, interdependence, and emotional intelligence
- Critical reading, writing, thinking, and oral communication needed for higher education and beyond
- Five-year plan for academic and personal success
Success 101 is located under Interdisciplinary Studies (IST123) and can be performed as a dual enrollment course at your high school, incorporated into your Early College or Early Career curriculum or taken as a stand-alone course at Bergen Community College. Credits transfer to most higher education institutions. There are no prerequisites or minimum SAT scores needed to enroll in this course.
For more information, contact Iris Bucchino.