Click here to Apply to the Dual Enrollment Program (New Students Only)
Students who are new to the Dual Enrollment Program must complete the application ‘Apply to the Dual Enrollment Program’ linked above. Students who have previously taken a dual enrollment course should proceed to the next step as indicated in the Instructions for Students and Parents. Students must be actively enrolled in the course at the time of registration. Credit cannot be obtained retroactively.
Bergen Community College’s Dual Enrollment Program provides an opportunity for high school students to earn college credit by taking college-level courses at their high school. These courses are taught by high school teachers who meet college-level educational standards.
The dual enrollment program is available to high school students who have demonstrated academic readiness and have received the recommendation of their guidance counselor, school administrator, and parents.
- Students have the ability to earn college credits while simultaneously fulfilling high school requirements
- Students experience an enhanced and challenging level of learning
- College credits are generally transferable to most NJ colleges/universities (www.njtransfer.org) and many post-secondary institutions out-of-state
- College courses are offered at a significantly reduced rate of tuition resulting in a substantial financial savings towards college education
- Students gain an earlier insight into potential careers
Process for Creating a College-High School Partnership
Official contracts between the college and high school are drawn specifying which courses are available for dual enrollment based on teacher eligibility and course content. High school teachers must possess academic credentials qualifying them to be considered a college adjunct. The dual enrolled courses taught at the high school site must meet the same competencies and rigor as the courses taught at BCC.
An Articulation Agreement verifying that inter-institutional courses include all of the academic rigors included in the BCC course syllabi, is signed between Bergen Community College and the participating high school. Dual Enrollment is an implementation of NJ Administrative Code 6A:8-3.3
- November 15 – Program Begins
- February 23 – Program Closes
- Upon signing and submitting the registration form, students are accepting the full financial obligation to pay the tuition.
- If students drop or withdraw from a class, they will be responsible for paying the tuition in full.
- Refund dates are listed on the 2023SP registration calendar, bergen.edu/regcal/.
- Students who participate in the Free & Reduced Lunch Program must submit their approved F & R application prior to registering for classes.
College-High School Partnerships
Bergen Community College offers courses at the following high schools through our dual enrollment program:
Academies @ Englewood/Dwight Morrow
Age of Greatness & Excellence
Bergen Arts & Science Charter School
BCTS – Paramus, Teterboro
Dumont High School
Film Academy 360
Henry P. Becton Regional
Hudson County Schools of Technology
Immaculate Heart Academy
Northern Highlands Regional
Northern Valley Regional
Passaic Arts & Science Charter School
Passaic Academy for Science & Engineering
Passaic County Technical Institute
Passaic Valley Regional
Performing Arts at Bergen PAC
Ramapo-Indian Hills Regional
River Dell Regional
Rockland Youth Jazz Ensemble
Waldwick High School
Transcript Request Information for Dual Enrollment Students
As grades from High Schools may be reported to the College by the end of the school year, the best time to request transcripts is after grades are posted on the student’s College academics records. We recommend students to check grades via the Bergen Portal before placing transcripts order.
If you have completed your Dual Enrollment courses and your grade(s) have been posted please order your transcripts at www.getmytranscript.com
If you encounter any issues requesting your transcript please contact the Registration Department (One Stop) in room OS-102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For information please contact Catherine Malone at (201) 879-7079