Junior and Senior High School Students
The Bergen Experience Application will open on Tuesday, March 21, 2023 for Summer Courses.
Bergen Experience Program
The Bergen Experience Program is intended as a mechanism for high school juniors and seniors with an overall grade point average of 3.0 to pursue advanced education at an early stage in their academic life.
Students completing their sophomore year can enroll in a summer session.
Bergen Experience Program Eligibility Requirements
- Eligible students will be permitted to take up to six (6) credits during the Fall or Spring semesters and up to eight (8) credits during the Summer sessions.
- The minimum age requirement is at least 16 years of age. Some restrictions may apply and the student must get permission for each semester as a Bergen Experience student.
- Students who are not interested in registering for English or MATH courses are not required to take the placement Test.
- Students who are interested in English and MATH college- level courses must take the ACCUPLACER (basic skills test) unless they have achieved certain scores on the SAT, ACT, AP examination and have been waived from taking the Accuplacer.
- For the Basic Skills Placement Test waiver requirements information, visit bergen.edu/testing/basic-skills-placement-test or refer to the Bergen Experience Application.
- College Experience students will be able to take any course that this college offers as long as they have the required prerequisites.
- Credits obtained from Bergen Experience program do not fulfill the requirements to graduate from High School. They are transferable to a two-year community college and to four-year colleges and universities.
Bergen Experience Program Contact Information
- The Bergen Experience Program is under the domain of Registration/Enrollment Services.
- You may register in person at the One Stop Center (Room OS-101, at the College’s main campus in Paramus, NJ). Please ask for Lucy Mistretta.
- For further assistance regarding Bergen Experience Program: contact email@example.com
Bergen Prep Program for High School Seniors
The Bergen Prep Program is a unique educational opportunity designed to provide high school seniors with a true college experience by earning academic credits during the early afternoon hours at Bergen Community College.
Bergen Prep students will attend their high school classes in the morning and return to their high school in time for extracurricular activities.
Students have the opportunity to earn up to 18 highly transferable college credits through Bergen Prep by the time they graduate high school.
Bergen Prep Program Eligibility Requirements
- There are no minimum SAT scores or GPA requirements for Bergen Prep classes.
- Students will take the ACCUPLACER (Basic Skills Placement test) at the Office of Testing Services during the Spring semester of their junior year.
- ACCUPLACER scores will determine the student’s Bergen Prep Program for the Fall and Spring semesters of their senior year.
- Bergen Prep students are eligible for ACCUPLACER review sessions and related remediation as part of the program.
- If not provided by the high school, students must provide their own transportation to the Bergen Community College campus.
Bergen Prep Program Contact Information
- Form: Students may apply by completing and submitting the Bergen Prep Application (PDF) to their high school counselor for approval.
- Course Schedule: courses are offered during the 12:20 p.m. to 1:40 p.m. time slot. Students can also take courses offered online.
- Registration: visit the Registration web page: bergen.edu/registration
- Notes: Students can take classes before or after the designated Bergen Prep time as schedule permits and in conjunction with high school policy
- Tuition and Fees: visit the Bursar (Bill Payment) web page: bergen.edu/tuition
- Placement test or waiver: visit the Office of Testing Services information web page: bergen.edu/testing
- Contact: Catherine Malone at (201) 612-5568, Room A-221, BCC, 400 Paramus Road Paramus, NJ