Office of Testing Services
The Office of Testing Services offers academic placement testing to new students intending to enroll at Bergen Community College.
Step #1 – Check for Waiver
- Prior to taking the placement test, please review our testing waiver policy accessible at https://bergen.edu/testing/placement-test-waiver-information
You may not need to take the placement test at all. This does not refer to a fee waiver.
Waiver results will be sent to the student’s email address on file and the student’s academic records will be updated accordingly, when applicable.
- To request a waiver please use the form below
Placement Test Waiver Request Form
Step #2 – Study and Prepare
Please refer to study guides, practice materials, and various online instruction resources for the examination posted on the Accuplacer Study Guides Web page.
Step #3 – Request Testing
Students that do not qualify for a waiver and are interested in taking the Accuplacer entrance exam have the following options:
- In person testing is available, by appointment only, between 9:30 A.M. and 1:00 P.M.
- To schedule an in-person testing appointment, please use the following form/portal:
In-Person Exam Appointment Scheduling Portal/Form
- To take an in-person test/exam, please report to Room S-127, Pitkin Education Center, at the college’s main campus in Paramus, NJ.
- Bring a valid physical photo ID with you.
- Pictures of ID card on electronic devices (e.g., Cellphone, tablet, camera…) are not accepted as proof of identity.
- There is no fee.
B-Virtual/Remote Online Testing
- Virtual/Remote online testing is available for a $25 fee and will be done by appointment. Until further notice, this $25 fee is currently being waived.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions.
- Notes: Students are not permitted to use a cellphone to take the placement test.
Challenge testing is now available for eligible students. Online testing fee applies.
For more information please click here /visit the Challenge Tests information Web page.
Step #4 – Take the Scheduled Test
- Placement test results will be posted to your student academic records account.
- You should be able to view the results or placement status through the Bergen Portal/Self Service (under…Student Quick Access > Plan and Schedule > View Your Progress/Go to my Program > Progress >Program Notes/Show Program Notes).
Step #5 – Meet with an Academic Advisor
- You will be able to work with Academic Advising once the placement testing has been satisfied.
- To meet with an academic counselor or advisor for help with selecting classes, feel free to visit the New Student Advising Web page for details.
- For questions, further information, or in-person assistance please contact:
Office of Testing Services
Phone: (201) 447-7203.
Testing Mailing address
Bergen Community College
ATN: Office of Testing Services
Paramus Campus, Pitkin Education Center, Room S127
400 Paramus Road
Paramus, NJ 07652.
Note to Guidance Counselors, Testing Center Staff, and other School Officials
- Please have the students upload the actual waiver request, along with their supporting documents.
- The status of the student’s waiver request goes directly back to the student’s email address on file.