Office of Testing Services
The Office of Testing Services is pleased to announce that we are now testing, online for placement, new students intending to enroll at Bergen Community College.
Step #1 – Check for Waiver
- Prior to requesting a testing appointment, please review our testing waiver policy accessible at https://bergen.edu/testing/placement-test-waiver-information
You may not need to take the placement test at all. This does not refer to a fee waiver.
Waiver results will be sent to the student’s Bergen student email account and the student’s academic records will be updated accordingly, when applicable.
- To request a waiver please use the form below
Step #2 – Study and Prepare
Please refer to study guides, practice materials, and various online instruction resources for the examination posted on the Accuplacer Study Guides Web page.
Step #3 – Request Testing
Students that do not qualify for a waiver and are interested in taking the Accuplacer entrance exam have the following options:
- In person testing will resume July 2021 on a walk-in basis, between 9:30 A.M. and 1:00 P.M.
- No appointment needed. Please report to room S-127, Pitkin Education Center, with a valid photo ID.
B-Virtual/Remote Online Testing
- Virtual/Remote online testing is available for a $25 fee and will be done by appointment.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions.
- Please send the request from your BCC student email account.
- Students are not permitted to use a cellphone to take the placement test.
Challenge testing is now available for eligible students. Online testing fee applies.
For more information please click here /visit the Challenge Tests information Web page.
Step #4 – Take the Scheduled Test
- Placement test results will be posted to your student academic records account.
- You should be able to view the results or placement status through the Bergen Portal/Self Service (under…Student Quick Access > Plan and Schedule > View Your Progress/Go to my Program > Progress >Program Notes/Show Program Notes).
Step #5 – Meet with an Academic Advisor
- You will be able to work remotely with Academic Advising once the placement testing has been satisfied.
- To request an appointment with an academic counselor or advisor for help with selecting classes, feel free to visit the New Student Advising Web page for details.
- For questions, further information, or in-person assistance please contact:
Office of Testing Services
Phone: (201) 447-7203.
Testing Mailing address
Bergen Community College
ATN: Office of Testing Services
Paramus Campus, Pitkin Education Center, Room S127
400 Paramus Road
Paramus, NJ 07652.
Testing Virtual Information Sessions
- Visit our Virtual Testing Support Web page ( https://bergen.edu/testing/virtual-testing-support/ ) to learn about attending a Virtual Information Session.
Note to Guidance Counselors, Testing Center Staff, and other School Officials
- Please have the students upload the actual waiver request, along with their supporting documents.
- The status of the student’s waiver request goes directly back to the student’s BCC email address.