Before scheduling or taking the placement test, we recommend you check if you are eligible for the placement test waiver. You would need to provide the supporting documentation to supplement/verify your waiver request. Please ascertain that both your Bergen Portal & Bergen Student Email are in working order.
Placement Test Waiver Eligibility Requirements
Below are some conditions that can waive the placement test requirement.
Should you have graduated High School in the U.S. within the last two years with a GPA of at least 3.0 (and have taken three years of High School English), please submit the High School transcript for further review by Office of Testing Services personnel to determine possible placement test waiver.
- A College/University Degree
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctoral degree from an accredited college or university in the United States.
- A college-level English or Mathematics Course (other than Accounting in the United States)
- English: a grade of C or higher.
- Mathematics: a grade of D or higher.
- A college-level Mathematics Course (other than Accounting at a college/university from a country other than the US.)
- Please submit a “course by course” evaluation from a current member at http://www.naces.org/members.html.
- You may be required to take the Accuplacer ESL test.
- An SAT (Within five years)
- SAT Evidence-Based Reading & Writing: a score of 500 minimum (as of 3/1/16).
- SAT Math: a score of 530 minimum (as of 3/1/16).
- An Accuplacer Exam (Within five years).
- Exam taken at another accredited institution.
- Requires further review by Office of Testing Services personnel to determine possible placement test waiver.
- The CLEP Exam (Within five years):
- College Composition: a score of 50 or higher.
- The AP Exam (Within five years):
- English: a score of 3 or higher.
- Math: a score of 3 or higher.
- A PSAT Exam (Within five years)
- Evidence-Based Reading & Writing: a score of 480 minimum.
- An ACT Exam (Within five years)
- English & Reading: an average score of 20 minimum (as of 3/1/16).
- Math: a score of 22 minimum (as of 3/1/16).
- A PARCC ELA 10 or ELA 11 Exam (Within five years)
- English: a score of 4 minimum.
- A NJSLA ELA 10 Exam (Within five years)
- English: a score of 5 minimum.
- A NJSLA ELA 11 Exam (Within five years)
- English: a score of 4 minimum.
- A PARCC Exam (Within five years)
- Math (Integrated Math 2 or 3): a score of 4 minimum.
- A New York Regents Exam (Within five years):
- English: a score of 75 minimum.
- Algebra 2: a score of 85 minimum.
- A GED Test (Within five years):
- Math portion: a score of 170 or higher.
- A TOEFL Test (Within two years):
- Paper/pencil version: a score of 550 or higher.
- Computerized version: a score of 213 or higher.
- Internet based version: a score of 80 or higher.
- An IELTS Exam (Within two years):
- Academic version: a score of 6.5 or higher.
Placement Test Waiver Request Form/Portal
Health Professions applicants that do not have access to a Portal account, please either stop by the Testing Services office or email email@example.com for further instructions.
Students will not see the uploaded documents in the final PDF file.
To complete this form, you are required to:
- Check the above conditions to see if you qualify
- Set-up your Bergen Portal account
- Use the username and password for Portal
- Upload support documentation/unofficial documents to the waiver form:
- Use documents with name, test dates, and college/university name, if applicable
- Provide proof of name change if different from documents
- Allow a minimum of 1-2 business days for waiver processing.
Placement Test Waiver Results
● Check your BCC student email for results.
● Please do not email or call for waiver results.
● The Office of Testing Services cannot answer specific questions over the phone about a student or the student’s waiver or placement results.
● All students must come to the office in room S-127 with government issued photo identification to receive specific information about their student record.
● Third parties never receive specific information about a student as per The Family Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). For more information about FERPA at BCC go here: https://bergen.edu/student-consumer-information/ferpa/