Before scheduling or taking the placement test, we recommend you check if you are eligible for the placement test waiver. You would need to provide the supporting documentation to supplement/verify your waiver request. Please ascertain that both your Bergen Portal & Bergen Student Email are in working order.
Placement Test Waiver Eligibility Requirements
Below are some conditions that can waive the placement test requirement.
Should you have a High School transcript with a GPA of at least 3.0, please submit that transcript for further review by Office of Testing Services personnel to determine possible placement test waiver.
- A College/University Degree
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctoral degree from an accredited college or university in the United States.
- A college-level English or Mathematics Course (other than Accounting in the United States)
- English: a grade of C or higher.
- Mathematics: a grade of D or higher.
- A college-level Mathematics Course (other than Accounting at a college/university from a country other than the US.)
- Please submit a “course by course” evaluation from a current member at http://www.naces.org/members.html.
- You may be required to take the Accuplacer ESL test.
- An SAT (Within five years)
- SAT Evidence-Based Reading & Writing score of 500 minimum (as of 3/1/16).
- SAT Math score of 530 minimum (as of 3/1/16).
- An Accuplacer Exam (Within five years).
- Exam taken at another accredited institution. (Further review by Office of Testing Services personnel to determine possible placement test waiver).
- The CLEP Exam (Within five years):
- College Composition: a score of 50 or higher.
- The AP exam (Within five years):
- English: a score of 3 or higher.
- Math: a score of 3 or higher.
- A PSAT Exam ( Within five years)
- Evidence-Based Reading & Writing: a score of 480 minimum.
- An ACT Exam (Within five years)
- English & Reading average score of 20 minimum (as of 3/1/16).
- Math score of 22 minimum (as of 3/1/16).
- A PARCC exam (Within five years)
- English: score of 4 minimum.
- Math (Integrated Math 2 or 3): a score of 4 minimum.
- A New York Regents Exam ( Within five years):
- English: a score of 75 minimum.
- Algebra 2: a score of 85 minimum.
- A GED Test (Within five years):
- Math portion: a score of 170 or higher.
- A TOEFL Test (within two years):
- Paper/pencil version: a score of 550 or higher.
- Computerized version: a score of 213 or higher.
- Internet based version: a score of 80 or higher.
- An IELTS Exam (within two years):
- Academic version: a score of 6.5 or higher.
Placement Test Waiver Request Form/Portal
Health Professions applicants that do not have access to a Portal account, please either stop by the Testing Services office or email email@example.com for further instructions.
Students will not see the uploaded documents in the final PDF file.
To complete this form, you are required to:
- Check conditions below to see if you qualify
- Set-up your Bergen Portal account
- Use the username and password for Portal
- Upload support documentation/unofficial documents to the waiver form:
- Use documents with name, test dates, and college/university name, if applicable
- Provide proof of name change if different from documents
- Allow a minimum of 1-2 business days for waiver processing.
Placement Test Waiver Results
● Check your BCC student email for results.
● Please do not email or call for waiver results.
● The Office of Testing Services cannot answer specific questions over the phone about a student or the student’s waiver or placement results.
● All students must come to the office in room S-127 with government issued photo identification to receive specific information about their student record.
● Third parties never receive specific information about a student as per The Family Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). For more information about FERPA at BCC go here: https://bergen.edu/student-consumer-information/ferpa/