Academic Advising engages, challenges, and supports a diverse student population to assist students in achieving their educational goals.
First Time Student Information
- For information on how to get started, please visit https://bergen.edu/gettingstarted/
- Explaining Placement Test Results and Developmental Placement
- Teaching students how to read & understand their Degree Requirements
- Guiding students in choosing classes that will meet the academic requirements of their degree
- Teaching the student how to read the college catalog
- Accessing Web Advisor through Portal
- Providing information about academic deadlines
- Explaining College Policies and Procedures
- Offering referrals to campus resources
Please review the groups listed below and sign up for advising. If your group/program is not listed, sign up for general advising.
Advising E-mail Contact
All other programs
|For new students in general programs||Contact One Stop Center, at the College’s main campus in Paramus, NJ.
All other programs
|For students who are returning or currently enrolled in general programs||Contact One Stop Center, at the College’s main campus in Paramus, NJ.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to be connected to Counselors (for academic, career, personal, or transfer counseling).
|Disability Services||For students who have current documentation of disabilities and need information regarding services and accommodations||Email: email@example.com|
|Education Opportunity Fund (EOF)||For students admitted into EOF program.||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|High School Programs Dual Enrollment||For students enrolled in High School Programs, Early College / Dual Enrollment||Email: email@example.com|
|International Students||For International students with F1 Visas||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pre-Health Professions||For students preparing to apply to Health Professions programs||Email: email@example.com|
|STEM Program||For students in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics programs||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Veterans/Military||For students who are service members or veterans||Email: email@example.com|
|For students visiting from other colleges or universities.||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|ALP/ESL Program||For students that have tested into the American Language Program||Email: email@example.com|
|Students taking classes at the BCC at Meadowlands/Lyndhurst||For students that take classes at the Bergen at the Meadowlands campus location||Check in/Sign up link: Advising @ the BCC/Meadowlands|
Phone: (201) 612-5480
400 Paramus Road
Pitkin Education Building
One-Stop Center/Room SC-111
Paramus, NJ 07652