You served us with commitment, honor, and distinction. It is our privilege to serve you.
We want to ensure that service members and veterans can focus not only on academic success, but also on reintegration into civilian and student life. We want to help you achieve your goals, and the team from the Veterans Connection – comprised of faculty, staff, and veteran students – are here to help you on your journey to success.
- Office Location: Pitkin Education Center, Room L-113.
- Office Hours: Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Phone: (201)879-7997.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Military Friendly School
Bergen Community College has earned recognition as a military friendly school by Victory Media, which annually compiles data on services provided for veterans by colleges and employers. Bergen enrolls approximately 300 students under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33).
In 2013, the College opened its Veterans and Military Affairs Center at the main campus. The center offers veteran-specific counselors, advisers and information on benefits, events and resources.
Veterans Connection at Bergen
The Veterans Connection at Bergen will:
- Work with you to assess your military experience in relation to your academic goals.
- Help you in learning about VA benefits and how to access them, as well as a variety of programs and services available to you.
- Assist you with reintegration into civilian and academic life
- Introduce you to other veterans at Bergen who share common experiences.
- Serve as a conduit for raising understanding on issues that impact veteran students.
- Present relevant educational topics that enhance your learning experience
“Make the Connection” Campaign
The Veteran Affair’s “MAKE THE CONNECTION” Mental Health Campaign aims to encourage veterans to seek mental health treatment when needed.
“Make the Connection” is a campaign that is all about connecting Veterans to resources and tools to help them in a dire time of need and testimonials from other Service Members attacking the stigma and silence on getting help when it is necessary.
To connect to stories of help and hope or learn from veterans’ experience, visit https://www.maketheconnection.net/
Section 1018 of Public Law 116-315
Johnny Isakson and David P. Roe, M.D. Veterans Health Care and Benefits Improvement Act of 2020, adds new requirements for educational institutions participating in the educational assistance programs of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
These new provisions became effective June 15, 2021 and will apply to Institutions of Higher Learning and Non-College Degree institutions beginning August 1, 2021. Many of the requirements are consistent with the requirements of the Principles of Excellence, currently in Executive Order 13607; however, there are requirements in addition to those embodied in the Principles of Excellence which schools must also satisfy to maintain approval for GI Bill® participation.
Bergen Community College participates in the educational assistance programs of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
Bergen Community College provides to student veteran a covered individual (a student using benefits under Chapter 30, 31, 32, 33, or 35 of title 38, U.S.C., or chapter 1606 of title 10, U.S.C.) with a personalized shopping sheet that contains critical items including but not limited to:
- Cost-of-Attendance and Net Cost Calculator: Review the Bursar/Tuition and Fees information and visit the Financial Aid/Cost of Attendance guidelines regarding charges estimate
- Type and amount of federal financial aid offered that individual may qualify to receive: Review the FA/Types of Financial Aid and Policies Affecting Financial Aid Eligibility information
- Information regarding graduation rates: This can be found in the Graduation & Transfer Rates reports
- Transfer credits/military credits: Specific details can be found at the “Transfer to Bergen” Web page
- Licensure requirements: Visit the Accreditation Web page for information about the college and programs accreditation.
More information a student veteran can refer to while making decision to enroll at Bergen Community College can be found at the Student Consumer Information Web page.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).