Just scroll to the topic that you want information about:

1. Username and password information and logging into the student Portal;
2. Financial Aid Information;
3. Placement Testing Requirement (Accuplacer);
4. Academic Advisement and Registration;
5. Paying your Bill/ Bursar;
6. Books;
7. Parking pass and Student ID card;
8. Transferring to Bergen.

  1. How can I find my username and password to access my Student Portal? How can I find my Bergen email?
    Here are easy to follow instructions for finding your username, password, and accessing your portal and Bergen email.  https://bergen.edu/welcome/step-1/

    If you have difficulty, you can reach the Help Desk at 201-447-7109 or [email protected]

    Access your portal at my.bergen.edu.  After you log in, click on Self-Service Main Menu to see the options, or follow the provided menu options to access your student account details (Student Finance (billing and bill payment), Financial Aid (loans and grants), Student Planning (for registration)…).

  2. What should I know about financial aid and how can I find out if Bergen is requesting additional financial documentation?
    FEDERAL PELL GRANTS AND FEDERAL LOANS – Financial aid consists of grants and/or loans depending on what you are eligible to receive (this depends on household income, number of dependents in home, etc.)

    To start the process you must file a FAFSA (free application for federal student aid) at www.fafsa.ed.gov .

    • We will notify you via email when we receive your FAFSA. You may also get email asking for additional documentation from you to verify the information provided on the FAFSA.   It is VERY important to check your Bergen email as well as your portal to see if the financial aid dept. is requesting any documents. Follow the financial aid checklist in your portal to complete all steps.
    • Once your “verification process” is complete, you should see in your portal, any grants and or loans for which you are eligible.
    • If you want or need to take the loans, you will need to officially ACCEPT the loans in your student portal and complete a Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling.  The links to these can be found at www.studentloans.gov – you will log in with your Federal ID# (same # you used for the FAFSA). Make sure that you understand the difference between subsidized and unsubsidized loans – this is explained in the Entrance Counseling step.

    I need more money! Are there other grants that I can get?

    NJ TAG GRANT – if you are eligible for a Federal Pell Grant, you could be eligible for a NJ TAG (Tuition Aid Grant)!  Go to https://njfams.hesaa.org  create a username and password, then login with that username and password, click on “Answer NJ State Grant Questions”.  Follow up with NJ at 1-800-792-8670 – and always check the email that you register with to see if they are requesting documents.  FYI – just because you sent documents to Bergen does not mean that NJ will not also ask for them.  This grant could give you up to an additional $1600 per semester depending on eligibility!

    EOF GRANT – You can also apply for the NJ Educational Opportunity Fund Grant – Visit room C100 in the Paramus campus for an application or go to https://bergen.edu/current-students/student-services-departments/educational-opportunity-fund/application-process/

    Helpful Bergen financial aid link: https://bergen.edu/welcome/step-2/

    Where can I get the financial aid forms?

    If Bergen financial aid is requesting that you provide a tax return transcript, you must order this from the IRS.  You can use this link to request online https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript .

    You can also contact your local IRS office and make an appointment to come in person to get this.  If the dependent student worked as well, order transcripts for both the parent and student.

    You can scan and submit all documents using the BCC Financial Aid Documentation Submission Portal.  You can also submit them in person in One Stop Center/Financial Aid Office, Pitkin Education Center.

  3. What should I know about the placement test requirement?
    **Before meeting with an advisor, please make sure that you have taken the Accuplacer (placement exam) or received a waiver.
    It is VERY important to prepare for this test so you have the best chance of testing into college level math and English classes. You can retake (challenge) the test one time. For further information, please visit https://bergen.edu/testing/

    Accuplacer Study Guides: https://bergen.edu/testing/accuplacer-study-guides/

    Who can waive the placement test: https://bergen.edu/testing/basic-skills-placement-test/

    Helpful Bergen Testing link: https://bergen.edu/testing/accuplacer-examity-remote-testing/

    Hours: https://bergen.edu/testing/

  4. How can I find out what classes I should take and how can I register for classes?
    Flexible Scheduling – We offer courses that go for the full 15-week semester as well as a 12-week late start semester and two accelerated 7-week sessions.  https://bergen.edu/registration/

    Academic Advisement – You MUST complete the placement test or placement test waiver before meeting with an academic advisor.

    For assistance with learning what courses to take or to change your program of study, you should meet with an academic advisor in A118 (in Center for Student Success located in the Student Center).

    ***Note/Summer Office Hours: the College may be CLOSED ON Fridays (mid June to Mid-August). Check the Academic Advising website for specific hours of operation.

    You can find the courses required for your program and register for courses in your student portal – click Webadvisor for Students, click Self Service, click Student Planning. For tips on using Student Planning, please check out https://bergen.edu/self-service/

    Recommended order to take the classes (course sequence) is also found in the academic catalog – click here and find your program: http://bergen.edu/academics

    You can also go to Room A129 (Webadvisor Room) for assistance in how to search and register for classes.

    Helpful Bergen Advising link: https://bergen.edu/welcome/step-5/

    Tuition & Fees Payment Due Date:  Your financial aid process must be completed, or you must pay in full or start a payment plan BY THIS DATE so your courses will not be deleted for non-payment. If you are registering after the due date, payment or payment plan is due immediately.

  5. What should I know about paying for classes?
    Payment plans:  If your financial aid is not complete by the time payment is due, you will need to set up a payment plan to protect your classes from being deleted.

    You can also take out a payment plan if you are paying out of pocket for all or part of your tuition bill.

    You can pay online in full or set up a payment plan through the student portal.  Click Webadvisor for Students, click Self Service, Click Student Finance.

    If your financial aid is completed (loans or grants) you don’t have to do anything to “pay the bill” – this process will automatically happen when classes start.

    Helpful Bergen Bursar/Bill Pay link: https://bergen.edu/bursar/

  6. How do I know what books I need?
    Here is bookstore link – https://www.bkstr.com/bergenccstore/home/en

    Enter your courses to see what books are required for your course and section.  You can get the books from the bookstore at Bergen or anywhere that you’d like. If you have financial aid awarded and have more aid than the cost of your tuition and fees, you can use the remainder toward a book voucher to buy your books at the Bergen bookstore.  You will receive notification of your book voucher end of August.

  7. Where can I get my Student ID Card and Parking Permit?
    Students planning to use campus-parking facilities must obtain a parking permit decal for their vehicle.  Extra cars may be registered at a cost of $5.00 each.  You can apply for a decal online using the parking decal request form found under the Office of Public Safety Web page:

    1. Go to www.bergen.edu/publicsafety
    2. Click on Motor Vehicle Information
    3. Click on Parking Decal Request Form and enter your Bergen Username and Password
    4. Complete and submit the form (make sure you specify your primary campus)
    5. You will receive an email when your request is completed and you can pick up your Parking Decal.

    Students must be registered and have payment arrangements made to receive a Bergen ID card.  Go to Public Safety in L-154 for a Student ID card.  You must have ID with you in order to get a Bergen ID.

  8. Transferring to Bergen from another college?
    Check out the transfer to Bergen steps: https://bergen.edu/new-students/transfertobcc/

    Send transcripts for all college level credits (this includes AP scores, CLEP scores and college transcripts) to:

    Bergen Community College
    Office of Admissions and Recruitment
    c/o Transcript Evaluation
    400 Paramus Road, Room A-115
    Paramus, NJ 07652