Alumni Trustee Information
Recent graduates from Bergen Community College have an opportunity to contribute their student experiences to the College Leadership by running for an important elected leadership position – Alumni Trustee.
The Alumni Trustee position allows a newly graduated student to sit on the Bergen Community College Board of Trustees, to articulate and voice the needs of the students and to vote on issues.
The Board of Trustees is the governing board for Bergen Community College and is responsible for decision-making and approving policy decisions affecting the College.
The board meets once a month.
The student body elects Alumni Trustee annually to serve a 1 year term, from July 1 – June 30.
In order to participate in the elections the student must:
• Be a Bergen alumnus/alumna as of June 1, 2018.
Notes: Students who graduated in August 2017, December 2017, or who will graduate in May 2018 are eligible to run or be nominated for the 2018-2019 Alumni Trustee.
• Have a valid email address on file.
• Be available the first week (usually a Tuesday – subject to change) of each month for meetings.
• Be able to articulate student needs and collaborate with the Office of Student Life.
• Attend assigned to Board Committees and other Board events.
INFORMATION SESSIONS ON ELECTIONS
– Wednesday, March 28, 2018: Paramus Campus, Student Center, 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM;
– Monday, April 2, 2018: Lyndhurst Campus, Room 409, 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM;
– Wednesday, April 4, 2018: Paramus Campus, Main, C-311, 12:30 AM – 1:30 PM.
Application due: Friday, April 6, 2018, by 4:00 PM.
Campaigning: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 – Sunday, April 15, 2018.
Meet the Candidates Panel: Wednesday, April 11, 2018, (12:30 P.M. – 1:30 P.M.), Paramus Campus.
Elections: Monday, April 16, 2018 – Friday, April 20, 2018.
To be considered as a candidate, please read and submit the application /Student Alumni Representative to the Board of Trustees (see below Alumni Trustee Information Package, p.4).