Recent graduates from Bergen Community College have an opportunity to contribute their student experiences to the College Leadership by running for an important elected leadership position – Alumni Trustee.
The Alumni Trustee position allows a newly graduated student to sit on the Bergen Community College Board of Trustees, to articulate and voice the needs of the students and to vote on issues.
The Board of Trustees is the governing board for Bergen Community College and is responsible for decision-making and approving policy decisions affecting the College. The board meets once a month.
The student body elects Alumni Trustee annually to serve a 1-year term, from July 1 – June 30.
In order to participate in the elections the student must:
- Be a Bergen alumnus/alumna as of June 1st.
Note: Students who graduated in prior three semesters are eligible to run or be nominated as the current Alumni Trustee.
- Have a valid email address on file.
- Be available the first week (usually a Tuesday – subject to change) of each month for meetings.
- Be able to articulate student needs and collaborate with the Office of Student Life & Conduct.
- Attend assigned to Board Committees and other Board events.
Should you have any questions, please contact Vice President of Student Affairs Dr. Ralph Choonoo at email@example.com.