New Jersey residents who live outside Bergen County and wish to attend Bergen Community College can apply for chargeback support.
Chargeback enables a student to pay In-County tuition rates. The difference in tuition will be paid by student’s home county.
Chargeback requests may be approved by Home Counties for the following:
- The county’s community college does not offer the program or course.
- The county’s community college does not have space available in the program or course.
Chargeback Application Process
Chargeback forms are available in the Office of Registration/OneStop, and in the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
The chargebacks forms application are filed based on the residency status.
To apply for and receive a chargeback, the student must do the following:
- For the Bergen County Residents attending an out of county community colleges:
- Complete the Chargeback form for Bergen County residents
- Return the completed paperwork to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment (Room A-115) by chargeback process deadline (listed below).
- For the Out of County Residents attending Bergen Community College:
- Complete the Chargeback Form for non Bergen County residents (out of county) and return it to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment (Room A-115) by chargeback process deadline (see dates below) for review.
Refer to the chargeback form instructions for processing time advisory.
- Take the completed paperwork [provided by the Office of Admissions and Recruitment] to the home-county community college for approval;
- Submit the Certificate of the Inability to Admit WITH any additional paperwork to the county treasurer in the home county for approval;
- Bring the Certificate of the Inability to Admit AND Certificate of Residence to the Bursar’s Office (Room L-127) by chargeback process deadline (listed below).
Specific details are included in the chargeback form instructions page.
Chargeback Important Deadlines
Deadline dates for submission of chargeback documents for Paramus, Lyndhurst, and Hackensack:
- Spring 2019: Friday, February 22, 2019.
- Winter 2019: Friday, January 4, 2019.
- Fall 2018: Friday, October 12, 2018. (Deadline has already passed).
NOTES: Faxed Copies will not be accepted.