New Jersey residents who live outside Bergen County and wish to attend Bergen Community College can apply for chargeback support.
Chargeback enables a student to pay In-County tuition rates. The difference in tuition will be paid by student’s home county.
Chargeback requests may be approved by Home Counties for the following:
- The county’s community college does not offer the program or course.
- The county’s community college does not have space available in the program or course.
Chargeback Application Process
Chargeback forms are available in the One-Stop Center, and in the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
The chargebacks forms application are filed based on the residency status.
To apply for and receive a chargeback, the student must do the following:
- For the Bergen County Residents attending an out of county community colleges:
- Complete the Chargeback Form for Bergen County residents (In County)
- Return the completed paperwork to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment (Room SC-110, Pitkin Education Center, at the College’s main campus in Paramus, NJ).
- For the Out of County Residents attending Bergen Community College:
- Complete the Chargeback Form for non Bergen County residents (Out of County) and return it to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment (Room SC-110, Pitkin Education Center, at the College’s main campus in Paramus, NJ) for review.
Refer to the chargeback form instructions for processing time advisory.
- Take the completed paperwork [provided by the Office of Admissions and Recruitment] to the home-county community college for approval;
- Submit the Certificate of the Inability to Admit WITH any additional paperwork to the County Treasurer in the home county for approval;
- Bring the approved Certificate of the Inability to Admit AND Certificate of Residence to the Bursar’s Office (One-Stop Center, Pitkin Education Center, at the College’s main Campus, in Paramus, NJ) by chargeback process deadline (refer to the dates listed below).
Specific details are included in the chargeback form instructions page.
Chargeback Documents Submission Deadline
Deadline dates for submission of chargeback documents for Paramus, Lyndhurst, and Hackensack:
|Summer I & U 2022||June 6, 2022 (subject to change)|
|Summer II 2022||July 11, 2022 (subject to change)|
|Fall 2022||October 10, 2022|
|Spring 2022||February 18, 2022|