Form 1098-T, Tuition Statement Frequently Asked Questions
The 2022 1098-T Tuition Statement is available for viewing or printing online through the student portal (my.bergen.edu).
A paper copy of 2022 1098-T Tuition Statement has been mailed to the eligible student’s home address in the College database by January 31, 2023.
What is a Form 1098-T?
Colleges and universities are required under Internal Revenue Code Section 6050S to issue the Form 1098-T for the purpose of determining a tax payer’s eligibility for various tax credits and/or deductions.
It is to be used by federal income tax filers to determine eligibility for Hope and Lifetime Learning tax credits.
Who is eligible to receive a Form 1098-T?
- Bergen Community College is required by law to file a Form 1098-T for each registered student during the calendar year for qualified transactions.
- The College is not required to provide a Form 1098-T for the following:
- Non resident alien students;
- Students whose qualified tuition and fees are entirely waived or paid entirely with scholarships and/or grants;
- Students whose expenses are covered by a formal 3rd party billing arrangement.
How can I receive my 1098-T Form/Tuition Statement?
To view or print your 1098-T Tuition Statement, log into your student portal (my.bergen.edu) and, under the MY.BERGEN.EDU Portal menu options:
1. Select Student Finance /Payments
2. Select Student Finance
3. Select Tax Information.
Feel free to access and review the IRS Specific Instructions for 1098-T Form/Tuition Statement
General questions regarding the Form 1098T Tuition Statement should be emailed to BursarOffice@bergen.edu