What We Do
At the Bergen Cares Center we offer Food, Clothing, Emergency Funds Consideration Request Assistance (Bus Pass, Books, Technology), and Rental/Utility Assistance to Students, Staff, and Faculty.
How to Help
If you would like to donate to the Food Pantry, please consider viewing our Amazon Wishlist for new items we need for the Food Pantry!
- Amazon Wishlist*: Click here to access the Bergen Cares Center Wishlist hub
(*)Notes: The donations provided under Amazon are not considered under 501(c)(3).
If you would like to donate to Threads Clothing Closet:
- Threads will be accepting donations through scheduled donation hours.
- Donation Hours will be announced mid- September.
Pantry location and Contact Information
Center for Food Action/Bergen Cares Center
Bergen Community College
Room S-118, Pitkin Education Center (1st Floor)
400 Paramus Road
Paramus, NJ 07652
Phone: (201) 879-7191
Intake appointments: Contact Rachel Sloma, Pantry Coordinator, Email: email@example.com
Pantry Hours of Operation
- Monday -Wednesday: from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- The hours of operation are subject to change.
- If you require assistance and the pantry is closed, feel free to choose one of the following options:
Option 1: Visit the Center for Health, Wellness and Personal Counseling located in Room HS-100, Pitkin Education Center, at the College’s main campus in Paramus, NJ, or
Option 2: Visit the Center for Food Action (cfanj.org) and follow the “Get Assistance” link for instructions.
Threads Vintage Clothing Closet
What is Threads
Threads is Bergen Community College’s clothing closet, where we provide personal and professional clothing to current BCC students with a valid Bergen ID.
Threads is an additional student support service provided by the Bergen Cares Center.
Threads Hours of Operation
- Monday – Thursday: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Notes: The hours of operation are subject to change.
Threads Contact and Location Information
Announcement and Reminders
Remind Text Services
For more information regarding the Bergen Cares Center, email firstname.lastname@example.org to see how you can opt into our new “Remind Text Services” to stay up to date with the Pantry, and the new events and services we plan to provide in the following semesters!