Why use iPads?
- iPads apps for learning from Educause Learning Initiative.
- The iPad for Professors: Evaluating a Productivity Tool After One Year from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- Apple in Education from Apple Inc.
- Math That Moves: Schools Embrace the iPad from The New York Times
- Be Not Afraid: Embracing the iPad and the Wonderful World of Apps in the Classroom from Faculty Focus
- The Antidote to e-Books from The New York Times
- My iPad Day from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Who is using it?
- Pepperdine University, iPad Research Study
- Seton Hill University, iPad on the Hill
- Notre Dame, eReader study, creates first paperless course
- University of SanFransico, iPad Study
- Lafayette College, iPad User Group
Where to find review of apps for education?
- Built-in apps from Apple Inc.
- Educational apps from Apple Inc.
- Apps for Learning from Apple Inc.
- Apps in Education
- Apps review from Medical school of The University of Arizona
- App reviews from Oberlin College
- Search Mobile Apps from Tenesse Board of Regents
Are there any tutorials on how to use iPad?
- Finding Apps on the iPad by Bob Freud
- iPad apps I am using at Bergen by Bob Freud
- Set up iTunes Store account (Apple ID) from Apple Store
- Using Keynote from Cedars School of Excellence
- Using iBooks and iTunes from Cedars School of Excellence
- Grading with Voice on an iPad from ProfHacker
- How to arrange apps, create folders and clean up ipad screen? from iPadAcademy
- How to setup an iPad? from Dept. of Education, Victoria, Australia
- Office to iPad tutorials
How can I get started with iPads?
To start working with an ipad fill out the iPad application for faculty online Form. If you decide to use iPads with with your students in the classroom, submit iPad application for classroom use and reserve a transport case with 10 iPads with Media Services. If you need one-on-one assistance in getting started with iPad, email [email protected] .