The Official Honor Society for Two-Year Colleges
Phi Theta Kappa is the official honor society for two-year colleges. Founded in 1918, the Society’s mission is:
- Recognize and encourage academic achievement of two-year college students and;
- Provide opportunities for individual growth and development through participation in honors, leadership, service and fellowship programming.
- Access to over $246 million in scholarship opportunities
- Increased competitiveness for admission to transfer colleges and universities
- Transcript notation upon graduation
- Gold membership seal on diploma
- Opportunity to wear PTK regalia at graduation
- Resume building and personal development through the PTK Edge program
- Networking opportunities
- Special benefits and offers from Phi Theta Kappa corporate partners
The Alpha Epsilon Phi Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa was established at Bergen Community College in 1979. Members of our Chapter participate in a variety of activities inspired by the Society’s Hallmarks: Scholarship, Leadership, Service, and Fellowship. Our goal is to provide our members with the resources and opportunities which will make their transition to four-year institutions easier. They also gain access to exclusive scholarships and receive preferential attention in their college transfer applications.
For additional information: Visit www.bergenptk.com or call 201-879-8997