All classes resume online Monday, March 23. Students must check their Bergen-issued email address and Moodle for directions from faculty. On-campus offices are closed; staff are all working remotely. Details at Bergen.edu/covid19.
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK)
The Official Honor Society for Two-Year Colleges
Phi Theta Kappa is the official honor society for two-year colleges. Founded in 1918 the Society’s mission is:
- Recognize and encourage academic achievement of two-year college students and;
- Provide opportunities for individual growth and development through participation in honors, leadership, service and fellowship programming.
- Access to over $87 million in scholarship opportunities
- FREE enrollment in CollegeFish.org, a transfer and college completion planning tool
- Membership credentials
- Phi Theta Kappa graduation regalia
- Gold Diploma Seal
- Transcript Notification
- Personalized letters of recommendation for scholarships and employment
- Resume building & personal development through the Five Star Competitive Edge program
- Access to Phi Theta Kappa’s Career Resource Center
- Networking opportunities
- Special benefits and offers from Phi Theta Kappa corporate partners
The Alpha Epsilon Phi Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa was established at Bergen Community College in 1979. Members of our Chapter participate in a variety of activities inspired by the Society’s Hallmarks: Scholarship, Leadership, Service, and Fellowship. Our goal is to provide our members with the resources and opportunities which will make their transition to four-year institutions easier. They also gain access to exclusive scholarships and receive preferential attention in their college transfer applications.
For additional information: Visit www.bergenptk.com or call 201-879-8997
Phi Theta Kappa Chapter Advisors:
Prof. Win Win Kyi