The Hospitality and Culinary Program at Bergen Community College Division of Continuing Education and Workforce Development provides a comprehensive foundation in baking, culinary preparation, event planning and catering. The program is designed to prepare entry-level or working foodservice professionals to enhance hands-on skills or refresh their culinary and hospitality expertise. Students will be able to apply their knowledge and techniques in various settings such as retail, bakery, lodging, catering, and restaurant.
We offer three certifications in the culinary arts for students interested in enhancing their personal or professional skills, two certifications in cooking and baking and one certification in event planning and management. The program is open to all students 18 years and older, regardless of ability and/or experience in the hospitality and culinary areas. These courses allow students the opportunity to participate in college division courses with matriculated students and can be applied to a two-year liberal arts degree if desired upon enrollment in the matriculated program.
Hospitality & Culinary Certificates:
- SD-006 | Introduction to Baking
- SD-007 | International Cuisine
- SD-008 | Professional Food Preparation Techniques
- SD-049 | Advanced Baking
- SD-050 | Confectionery Art
- SD-066 | Food Protection and Safety
- SD-067 | Menu Planning and Nutrition
- SD-069 | Restaurant Service Management
- SD-070 | Event Planning and Management I
- SD-072 | Beverage Management
- SD-076 | Purchasing and Cost Control
- SD-077 | Introduction to Wine, Beer and Spirits
- SD-084 | Class Garde Manger
- SD-085 | Artisan Bread Production
- SD-086 | Specialty Cakes
- SD-087 | Introduction to Hospitality Management
- SD-088 | Event Planning II
- SD-094 | Introduction to Hospitality, Culinary and Tourism
- SD-302 | Barista Fundamentals: Coffee And Teas
- SD-303 | Commercial Restaurant Operation
Online Courses. Anytime. Anywhere.