All classes resume online Monday, March 23. Students must check their Bergen-issued email address and Moodle for directions from faculty. On-campus offices are closed; staff are all working remotely. Details at Bergen.edu/covid19.
Student Learning Tips
- Provide student with detailed course syllabus.
- Clearly spell out expectations before the course begins (e.g., grading material to be covered, due dates etc.).
- Use visual aids whenever possible.
- Face the class.
- Present new or technical vocabulary on the blackboard or use a student handout.
- Give assignments both orally and in written form to avoid confusion.
- Facilitate the use of tape recorders for note taking by allowing students to tape lectures.
- Encourage students to use campus support services, which include the:
- Adaptive Technology Lab
- Cerullo Learning Assistance Center
- Office of Specialized Services