Academic Advising engages, challenges, and supports a diverse student population to assist students in achieving their educational goals by:
- Explaining Placement Test Results and Developmental Placement
- Teaching students how to read & understand their Degree Requirements
- Guiding students in choosing classes that will meet the academic requirements of his/her degree
- Teaching the student how to read the college catalog
- Accessing Web Advisor through Portal
- Providing information about academic deadlines
- Explaining College Policies and Procedures
- Offering referrals to campus resources
The Academic Advising Center operates as a walk-in center.
- Phone: (201)612-5480
- E-mail: [email protected]
400 Paramus Road
Pitkin Education Building, Room A118
Center for Student Success
Paramus, NJ 07652
Fall Office Hours
- Based on academic advisor’s availability.
- Academic Advisor referral and contact information may be made available in the Bergen portal, as applicable.
NOTES/Last Student Intake:
- During peak registration time students should arrive at least 1.5 hours before Center for Student Success closes.
- Last student intake:
– Monday : 3:30 P.M.
– Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 4:30 P.M.
Reference Materials and Handout
- Math and Science Pre-Requisite Flow Chart .
- Course Planning Worksheet
- Progression to WRT-101 (English Composition I) by placement. Scores Interpretation Guide
- Meet Your Faculty Advisor
Advising Group Sessions
|Department||Group Session Dates||Room|
|Health Professions Information Session (for admissions into Health Professions Programs)||
||TEC-128, Technology Building|
|Information Technology, Game Programming & Testing/Medical Informatics||For questions and updates, please contact
|A-118, Advising Center/Pitkin Building|
|Accounting||For questions & updates, please contact [email protected] or [email protected]||A-118, Advising Center/Pitkin Building|
|STEM Program (Science, Technology, Mathematics)||For questions & updates, please contact [email protected]||A-118, Advising Center/Pitkin Building|
|Veterinary Technology Information Session (for admissions into VET Tech Program)||
||C-211, Pitkin Building|
ESL / ALP Cohort Advising Referrals and Contact Information
|Faculty Advisor & Language Fluency||Office|
|Carol Miele||A-214 Pitkin Building||[email protected]|
|Bill Jiang (Chinese – English)||A-333 Pitkin Building||[email protected]|
|Leah Carmona (Spanish – English)||B-309 Pitkin Building||[email protected]|
|Olga Weston (Russian – English)||L-337 Pitkin Building||[email protected]|