NJ STARS Summer Workshops
(June to September)
Paramus Campus, Pitkin Education Center, Room L-309*
*Enter the Library on the 2nd floor of the Pitkin Education Center and go upstairs to Room L-309
Students should attend an NJ STARS Workshop to have their NJ STARS Application/Contract verified and signed by the NJ STARS Representative.
New and current NJ STARS students’ financial aid review must be complete for both the FAFSA at Bergen Community College (Federal aid), and HESAA (State of New Jersey aid) by the FAFSA, BCC and HESAA deadlines in order for tuition to be paid by NJ STARS scholarships.
Since many students/parents are not sure how to tell if their financial aid reviews are complete, they should attend a workshop to ask questions, as well as receive assistance completing the contract. Completed contracts will be signed by the NJ STARS Representative at the end of each workshop as long as they have been signed by an Academic Counselor prior to the workshop.
Important! Please read the following information and then choose from the workshops below and click RSVP Now!
Students must be able to login to both their Bergen Community College and HESAA student portals before attending a workshop! Students will receive an overview of their student portals, but more importantly, the NJ STARS Representative will verify that financial aid reviews are complete for both federal and state financial aid. Students who are not complete will receive assistance.
Please check the schedule below for changes before attending. Only students who registered for workshops will be notified by email if any of the workshop dates or times were changed or canceled.
NJ STARS Workshops or appointments with the NJ STARS Representative are not available on Mondays or Fridays. The college is closed on Fridays from June 7th through August 9th.
Contracts brought to a workshop to be verified and signed by the NJ STARS Representative must be 100% completed and signed by an Academic Counselor verifying registration of courses (12 or more credits) before the workshop.
Enter the Library on the second floor of the Pitkin Education Center and go upstairs to Room L-309. Click here for directions and parking information.
- Thursday, July 11 – 2:00 to 4:00 pm
- Wednesday, July 17 – 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- Thursday, July 18 – 5:00 to 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, July 23 – 4:00 to 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, July 24 – 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- Thursday, July 25 – 5:00 to 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 6 – 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- Thursday, August 8 – 4:00 to 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 13 – 4:00 to 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, August 14 – 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 20 – 3:00 to 5:00 pm
- Thursday, August 22 – 5:00 to 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 27 – 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, August 28 – 4:00 to 6:00 pm
- Thursday, August 29 – 2:00 to 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, September 3 – 3:00 to 5:00 pm
NJ STARS Webinars
NJ STARS webinars will be available so that students and parents can learn about the NJ STARS program or to get assistance with the application process online. Check here for updates.