2019 NJ STARS Information Sessions
Paramus Campus, Pitkin Education Center, Room C-211
There will be a Q&A and light refreshments. There are only two sessions left this year.
- Thursday, June 6
- Wednesday, June 26
And please feel free to bring a guest or guests!
NJ STARS Summer Workshops
Paramus Campus, Pitkin Education Center, Room L-309
Why should you attend an NJ STARS Workshop?
Students should attend an NJ STARS Workshop to have their NJ STARS Application/Contract verified and signed by the NJ STARS Representative.
Students and parents can attend to ask questions and receive assistance completing the contract at workshops.
Completed contracts will be signed by the NJ STARS Representative at the end of workshops.
The NJ STARS Application/Contract must be 100% complete before it is signed!
It is important that contracts are verified by the NJ STARS Representative because NJ STARS students’ financial aid reviews must be complete for both the FAFSA at Bergen Community College (Federal aid) and HESAA (State of New Jersey aid) by FAFSA, BCC and HESAA deadlines in order for tuition to be paid by NJ STARS scholarships.
Many students do not know how to tell if their financial aid reviews are complete. New and current students who are not complete by all deadlines will be responsible for paying their tuition and may be permanently ineligible for the NJ STARS program.
Students must be able to login to both their Bergen Community College and HESAA student portals before attending a workshop since students will receive an overview of their student portals including financial aid information to ensure their federal (FAFSA) and state (HESAA) reviews are complete before all deadlines. Students’ financial aid review status is necessary in order for the NJ STARS Representative to sign students’ contracts. Students will also receive information about their major, honors courses, and other useful information.
Important! Please read the following information before registering:
Please check the schedule below for changes before attending. Only students who registered for workshops will be notified by email if any of the workshop dates or times were changed or canceled.
The college is closed on Fridays from June 7th through August 9th.
NJ STARS Workshops or appointments with the NJ STARS Representative are not available on Mondays or Fridays.
Contracts brought to a workshop to be verified and signed by the NJ STARS Representative must be 100% completed as well as signed by an Academic Counselor verifying registration of courses (12 or more credits) before the workshop.
- Tuesday, June 4 – 3:30 to 5:30 pm
- Tuesday, June 11 – 5:00 to 7:00 pm
- Thursday, June 13 – 4:00 to 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, June 18 – 2:00 to 4:00 pm
- Thursday, June 20 – 2:00 to 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, July 2 – 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, July 3 – 12:00 to 2:00 pm
- Tuesday, July 9 – 3:00 to 5:00 pm
- Thursday, July 11 – 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, July 17 – 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- Thursday, July 18 – 5:00 to 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, July 23 – 4:00 to 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, July 24 – 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- Thursday, July 25 – 5:00 to 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 6 – 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- Thursday, August 8 – 4:00 to 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 13 – 4:00 to 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, 14 – 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 20 – 3:00 to 5:00 pm
- Thursday, August 22 – 5:00 to 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 27 – 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, August 28 – 4:00 to 6:00 pm
- Thursday, August 29 – 2:00 to 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, September 3 – 3:00 to 5:00 pm
NJ STARS Webinars
NJ STARS webinars will be available so that students and parents can learn about the NJ STARS program or to get assistance with the application process online. Check here for updates.