NJ STARS Resources and Information
- Bergen Community College Student Portal
- Bergen Community College NJ STARS Brochure
- NJ STARS Application Process Checklist
- NJ STARS Documents on Google Drive
- Coming Soon! Updated NJ STARS PowerPoint Presentation with audio comments
*After downloading a PowerPoint presentation, click to open or save, click Enable Editing, then click Enable Content. To start the presentation, click on the Slide Show tab, and then click From Beginning.
If you do not wish to listen to the audio comments, please mute your computer speakers.
If you do not have Microsoft Office PowerPoint software, you can download the free Microsoft Office PowerPoint viewer to see the slideshow by clicking here.
- 2017-2018 FAFSA Workshops at Bergen Community College
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) Website
- 7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA Video Tutorial
- Please note that the new FAFSA deadline for TAG renewal students is April 15th. Bergen Community College (Code 004736) must be your first or only choice in order for NJ STARS processing to complete. College choices must be changed on the FAFSA if Bergen Community College is not listed first.
- Please use 2015 tax information when completing the 2017-2018 FAFSA. Click here for more information.
HESSA Resources (Higher Education Student Assistance Authority)*
- New HESAA Student Portal and Website
- Important Information & Instructions for the New HESAA Student Portal (To be Revised Soon)
- Additional HESAA Forms and Instructions
NJ STARS Fact Sheets & Brochure
- NJ STARS Fact Sheet for 2017 High School Graduates
- NJ STARS Fact Sheet for 2016 High School Graduates
- NJ STARS Fact Sheet for 2015 High School Graduates**
- NJ STARS Brochure
**2015 high school graduates are eligible to apply for the NJ STARS program through Fall 2017.
*Important- When adding or changing your school choice in the HESAA student portal, you must choose Bergen Community College from the drop down list in as part of the NJ STARS processing. Click on How to Add or Change Your HESAA School Choice above for instructions.
- FERPA (The Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act)
- How to Forward Your Student Email to Your Personal Email Account
NJCCC (New Jersey Council of Community Colleges)
- NJ STARS Information Website (This website provides information for both NJ STARS and NJ STARS II.)
State of New Jersey
- P.L. 2007, c. 175 (Bill A3968; Lampitt Bill): approved September 13, 2007, effective immediately. This bill provides for the transfer of certain college credits.
NJ STARS Legislation N.J.S.A. 18A:71B-81
- P.L. 2004, c. 59 (Bill S1192): approved June 29, 2004; took effect July 1, 2004.
- P.L. 2005, c. 168 (Bill S2477): approved August 5, 2005, effective immediately. This bill changed the criteria for continued receipt of NJ STARS scholarship after first year of enrollment in a county college.
- P.L. 2005, c. 359 (Bill S2905): approved January 12, 2006, effective June 30, 2006. This bill establishes the NJ STARS II program for NJ STARS scholars who advance to a New Jersey four-year public institution of higher education.
- P.L. 2007, c. 214 (Bill A3253): approved December 20, 2007, effective immediately. This bill provided a military service exemption to the requirement of continuous enrollment under the NJ STARS and NJ STARS II programs.
- P.L. 2008, c. 124 (Bill A3373): approved December 19, 2008, effective immediately and first applicable to the 2009-2010 academic year. This bill revises the NJ STARS and NJ STARS II programs.
- P.L. 2009, c. 280 (Bill A2702): approved January 17, 2010, effective immediately and first applicable to the 2009-2010 academic year. This bill requires schools (high schools) to notify certain students of potential eligibility for the NJ STARS program.
- P.L. 2012, c. 8 (Bill S874): approved May 2, 2012, effective immediately and first applicable to the 2012-2013 academic year. This bill revises the NJ STARS and NJ STARS II programs.
- P.L. 2014, c. 55 (Bill A2364): approved September 10, 2014, effective immediately. This bill provides that eligibility for the NJ STARS program be based on class rank at completion of student’s junior year or senior year of high school.