Resources for Prospective & Current NJ STARS Students
NJ STARS Application Documents & Links for New & Transfer Students
- Self-Identification Form for Prospective NJ STARS Students
- Application Process Checklist for Prospective NJ STARS Students
- Getting Started at Bergen
- Placement Test Waiver Request Form
- New Student Advising Request Form
- NJ STARS Application/Contract for Fall 2020/Spring 2021*
- Scholarship Maintenance Requirements for NJ STARS Students
- Certification of HS Class Rank Form for Prospective NJ STARS Students
*Please do not complete the NJ STARS Application/Contract until all steps are complete including registering full-time. The NJ STARS Application/Contract for Fall 2021/Spring 2022 will be posted here after April 1, 2021 when Fall 2021 registration begins. Visit “How to Apply to the NJ STARS Program” for more information.
NJ STARS Fact Sheets & Brochure
- NJ STARS Fact Sheet for 2021 High School Graduates
- NJ STARS Fact Sheet for 2018, 2019 & 2020 High School Graduates*
- NJ STARS Brochure– New
* Fall 2020 was the last semester 2018 high school graduates were eligible for the NJ STARS program.
NJ STARS II Fact Sheets & Brochure
- NJ STARS II Fact Sheet for College Transfers Beginning Fall 2021
- NJ STARS II Fact Sheet for 2018, 2019 & 2020 College Transfers
- NJ STARS II Program Brochure
Helpful Forms & Links for Prospective & NJ STARS Students
- Bursar’s Office – Fee Payment Deadlines
- FERPA (The Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act)
- Courses Approved for General Education
- How to Forward Your Student Gmail to Your Personal Email Account
- Honors Courses for Spring 2021
- One-Stop Webpage – Easy access to most of the forms and links you need
- Parking Decal Request Form
- Registration Calendar & Forms
- Academic Catalog– Help with Degrees and Courses
- Student Portal & Email Help
- Student Portal Self Service Help
- Student Portal Mobile App: Get Bergen Community College’s Student Portal Mobile App: Download “Ellucian GO” from Google Play for Android devices or from the App Store for Apple devices. You can access the academic calendar, your course schedule, financial aid information, grades, and much more. You can even register for your courses, or log onto Moodle!
FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid ) Forms & Links
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) Website
- 2021-2022 FAFSA Workshops at Bergen Community College – will be available shortly
- 7 Things You Need Before You Fill Out the 2018-2019 FAFSA (Department of Education)
- 7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA Video Tutorial
- Financial Aid Deadlines
- Financial Aid Forms
- Financial Aid TV: You can browse through video playlists by category, go through the financial aid process in order, or you can search for an answer to your question. These short videos also have a typewritten script that runs alongside it so you can read or listen.
HESAA (Higher Education Student Assistance Authority) Forms & Links
FAFSA & HESAA Deadlines
The deadline to complete the 2020-2021 FAFSA and the New Jersey Additional Application Questions is April 15th for students who were previously awarded NJ TAG (Tuition Aid Grant Program). Please use 2018 tax information when completing the 2020-2021 FAFSA.
Click here for all 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 federal and state financial aid deadlines: FAFSA/HESAA Deadlines.
State of New Jersey Legislation
- P.L. 2007, c. 175 (Bill A3968; Lampitt Bill): approved September 13, 2007, effective immediately. This bill provides for the transfer of certain college credits.
NJ STARS Legislation N.J.S.A. 18A:71B-81
- P.L.2004, c.59 (Bill S1192): approved June 29, 2004; took effect July 1, 2004.
- P.L.2005, c.168 (Bill S2477): approved August 5, 2005, effective immediately. This bill changed the criteria for continued receipt of the NJ STARS scholarship after the first year of enrollment in a county college.
- P.L.2005, c.359 (Bill S2905): approved January 12, 2006, effective June 30, 2006. This bill establishes the NJ STARS II program for NJ STARS scholars who advance to a New Jersey four-year public institution of higher education.
- P.L.2007, c.214 (Bill A3253): approved December 20, 2007, effective immediately. This bill provided a military service exemption to the requirement of continuous enrollment under the NJ STARS and NJ STARS II programs.
- P.L.2008, c.124 (Bill A3373): approved December 19, 2008, effective immediately and first applicable to the 2009-2010 academic year. This bill revises the NJ STARS and NJ STARS II programs.
- P.L.2009, c.280 (Bill A2702): approved January 17, 2010, effective immediately and first applicable to the 2009-2010 academic year. This bill requires schools (high schools) to notify certain students of potential eligibility for the NJ STARS program.
- P.L.2012, c.8 (Bill S874): approved May 2, 2012, effective immediately and first applicable to the 2012-2013 academic year. This bill revises the NJ STARS and NJ STARS II programs.
- P.L.2014, c.55 (Bill A2364): approved September 10, 2014, effective immediately. This bill provides that eligibility for the NJ STARS program be based on class rank at the completion of student’s junior year or senior year of high school.
- P.L.2017, c.360 (Bill A2565): approved January 16, 2018, effective immediately and first applicable to the 2015-2016 academic year. This bill allows NJ STARS and NJ STARS II scholarship recipients to maintain program eligibility in the event that medical condition or recent death of parent or spouse prevents enrollment as full-time student.
- P.L.2019, c.232 (Bill A4115): approved August 9, 2019, effective immediately. This bill clarifies that certain students are eligible for NJ STARS and NJ STARS II scholarships upon initial enrollment at an institution of higher education on a part-time basis.
- P.L.2020, c.31 (Bill S2356): approved May 15, 2020, effective immediately. This bill excludes the spring 2020 semester for lifetime eligibility of financial aid, waives the amounts students are required to return due to withdrawals, and updates the requirements of current NJ STARS and NJ STARS II students, all due to the public health state of emergency declared to exist in New Jersey by Executive Order 103 dated March 9, 2020.