Resources for Prospective & Current NJ STARS Students
Prospective NJ STARS Documents for New & Transfer Students
- First Steps for Degree Seekers – All students (except number 7: NJ STARS students should not pay tuition, only fees)
- Self-Identification Form for Prospective NJ STARS Students – First step for NJ STARS students
- Request for Waiver of the Basic Skills Placement Tests*
- NJ STARS Application Process Checklist
- NJ STARS Application/Contract for Fall 2023/Spring 2024**
- Scholarship Maintenance Requirements for NJ STARS Students***
- Certification of HS Class Rank Form for Prospective NJ STARS Students
*Prospective NJ STARS students can be waived from taking the Next Generation Accuplacer placement tests before the college receives proof of their NJ STARS Eligibility as outlined on the Office of Testing Services website. Click here for further information. Students who do not meet the conditions outlined on the Office of Testing Services website can be waived from taking placement tests after they have completed the Self-Identification Form for Prospective NJ STARS Students and the college has received proof of their NJ STARS eligibility. Students can still take placement tests and required remedial courses if they wish. However, students must take 12 college-level credits in addition to any remedial courses. In addition, NJ STARS does not pay for remedial courses.
**Please do not sign the NJ STARS Application/Contract until all steps are complete including registering full-time. Visit the How to Apply to the NJ STARS Program webpage for more information.
***Please sign the online Scholarship Maintenance Requirements form after you receive an email that your NJ STARS Application/Contract has been processed.
NJ STARS Documents
- Change of Status Form- coming soon*
NJ STARS Fact Sheets & Brochure
- NJ STARS Brochure and Fact Sheets for High School Graduates*
- NJ STARS Legislation N.J.S.A. 18A:71B-81 (2004 to Present) See below
* Fall 2023 is the final semester that 2021 high school graduates will be eligible to enroll at Bergen Community College in the NJ STARS program.
NJ STARS II Fact Sheets, Brochure & Other Helpful Information
Helpful Forms & Links for Prospective & NJ STARS Students
- Academic Smart Catalog– help with programs and courses
- Academic Programs
- Advanced Placement (AP) Examination Credits
- Bursar’s Office – Fee Payment Deadlines
- Chargeback Process
- Courses Approved for General Education
- FERPA (The Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act)
- Honors Course Schedule
- Immunization Records Online Form
- Immunization/Medical Exam Form for New & Transfer Students – have your Doctor complete the form and upload using the online form above
- New Student Advising Services – new students email advising4U@bergen.edu
- One-Stop Webpage – easy access to most of the forms and links you need
- Parking Decal Request Form
- Registration Calendar & Forms
- BCC Student Portal
- Scholarship Application Information– Bergen Community College Foundation
- Student Forms & Links
- Student ID Card Request Form
- Student Portal & Email Help
- Student Portal Self-Service Help Videos
- Signed Online Forms (Completed & Open Tasks) – click on Completed Tasks
- Get Bergen Community College’s Mobile App: Download “BergenCC” from Google Play for Android devices or from the App Store for Apple devices. You can access the academic calendar, your course schedule, your student portal, financial aid information, grades, and much more.
FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid ) Forms & Links
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) Website
- FAFSA Workshops at Bergen Community College
- 5 Valuable Financial Aid Tips for College Students (Department of Education)
- 7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA Video Tutorial
- Financial Aid Deadlines & Workshop Dates
- Financial Aid Forms
- Financial Aid TV: You can browse through video playlists by category, go through the financial aid process in order, or you can search for an answer to your question. These short videos also have a typewritten script that runs alongside it so you can read or listen.
HESAA (Higher Education Student Assistance Authority) Forms & Links
- NJFAMS Student Portal Website– Make sure your FAFSA is checked off as received on your “To Do List.” If you are required to provide additional information, see Uploading HESAA Documents below.
- NJ FAMS Student User Manual
- Forms and Instructions
- Uploading HESAA Documents: If you have been asked to provide information on your “To Do List”, you can easily upload those documents right from NJFAMS by simply clicking “upload document”. Once uploaded, you will get instant confirmation that your document has been received and is under review. It’s fast, easy, and user-friendly.
FAFSA & HESAA Deadlines
Click here for all federal and state financial aid deadlines: FAFSA/HESAA Deadlines.
State of New Jersey Legislation
- P.L. 2007, c. 175 (Bill A3968; Lampitt Bill): approved September 13, 2007, effective immediately. This bill provides for the transfer of certain college credits.
NJ STARS Legislation N.J.S.A. 18A:71B-81
- P.L.2004, c.59 (Bill S1192): approved June 29, 2004; took effect July 1, 2004.
- P.L.2005, c.168 (Bill S2477): approved August 5, 2005, effective immediately. This bill changed the criteria for continued receipt of the NJ STARS scholarship after the first year of enrollment in a county college.
- P.L.2005, c.359 (Bill S2905): approved January 12, 2006, effective June 30, 2006. This bill establishes the NJ STARS II program for NJ STARS scholars who advance to a New Jersey four-year public institution of higher education.
- P.L.2007, c.214 (Bill A3253): approved December 20, 2007, effective immediately. This bill provided a military service exemption to the requirement of continuous enrollment under the NJ STARS and NJ STARS II programs.
- P.L.2008, c.124 (Bill A3373): approved December 19, 2008, effective immediately and first applicable to the 2009-2010 academic year. This bill revises the NJ STARS and NJ STARS II programs.
- P.L.2009, c.280 (Bill A2702): approved January 17, 2010, effective immediately and first applicable to the 2009-2010 academic year. This bill requires schools (high schools) to notify certain students of potential eligibility for the NJ STARS program.
- P.L.2012, c.8 (Bill S874): approved May 2, 2012, effective immediately and first applicable to the 2012-2013 academic year. This bill revises the NJ STARS and NJ STARS II programs.
- P.L.2014, c.55 (Bill A2364): approved September 10, 2014, effective immediately. This bill provides that eligibility for the NJ STARS program be based on class rank at the completion of student’s junior year or senior year of high school.
- P.L.2017, c.360 (Bill A2565): approved January 16, 2018, effective immediately and first applicable to the 2015-2016 academic year. This bill allows NJ STARS and NJ STARS II scholarship recipients to maintain program eligibility in the event that medical condition or recent death of parent or spouse prevents enrollment as full-time student.
- P.L.2019, c.232 (Bill A4115): approved August 9, 2019, effective immediately. This bill clarifies that certain students are eligible for NJ STARS and NJ STARS II scholarships upon initial enrollment at an institution of higher education on a part-time basis.
- P.L.2020, c.31 (Bill S2356): approved May 15, 2020, effective immediately. This bill excludes the spring 2020 semester for lifetime eligibility of financial aid, waives the amounts students are required to return due to withdrawals, and updates the requirements of current NJ STARS and NJ STARS II students, all due to the public health state of emergency declared to exist in New Jersey by Executive Order 103 dated March 9, 2020.