Bryant Gomez, ’19, Professional Studies Major
As a dual honors student, Gomez earned multiple Bergen scholarships and awards. Gomez said, “My time at Bergen led me to become the leader and scholar that I always wanted to be. Thanks to the amazing staff, faculty, and leadership team, I was able to seek opportunities and challenges that have led to worthwhile connections and professional/educational growth.”
Gomez held several leadership positions and received awards or scholarships.
- Served as Editor-in-Chief of Honors Association
- Served as Senator of Student Government Association (SGA) during the 2018-2019 academic year
- Served as Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Chapter President during the 2018-2019 academic year
- Served as Alumni Trustee Representative for the 2019-2020 academic year
- Awarded Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise scholarship
- Awarded Most Distinguished Chapter Officer from PTK regionally and internationally
- Graduated from Rutgers University-Newark (May 2021) and currently an incoming Doctoral student at The Graduate Center, City University of New York
Based in Paramus, Bergen Community College (www.bergen.edu), a public two-year coeducational college, enrolls more than 13,000 students at locations in Paramus, the Philip Ciarco Jr. Learning Center in Hackensack and Bergen Community College at the Meadowlands in Lyndhurst. The College offers associate degree, certificate and continuing education programs in a variety of fields. More students graduate from Bergen than any other community college in the state.
# # #