Radiologic Technology Program Goals
- Students and graduates will be academically and clinically competent.
- Students and graduates will speak and write in a professional manner.
- Students and graduates will use critical thinking strategies to solve academic and clinical issues.
Radiologic Technology Program Outcomes
- Student Competency
1.1 Senior Students will demonstrate competence on all attempted assessments (≥ 77%)
1.2 Freshman students will demonstrate on all attempted assessments. (≥ 77%)
1.3 Students successfully remediated evaluations that scored below the minimal standard. (≤77%)
2.1 Both classes will score 100% on the ADIT model of patient customer service speech.
2.2 Both classes will score 100% on all written (discussions) with classmates and journal entries.
- Critical Thinking system for problem solving
3.1 Students will use clinical thinking strategies to solve issues with imaging cases.
3.2 Students will pass a Quiz on Critical Thinking Questions with a minimal 90% or >.
Radiography Program Accreditation
The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) is the central external accreditation for radiography and radiation therapy technology programs and many other educational programs.
- The responsibility of the JRCERT to validate that all programs meet the STANDARDS for an educational program.
- The program must create a SELF STUDY document. Ultimately, a self-study document is reflective in nature.
- Two site visitors are selected by the JRCERT to visit the BCC camps and clinical sites to assure that students are receiving the very best radiography education.
- The program is offered time to address any issue that comes up during the site visit.
- Based on all information received, the JRCERT sends the written information to its Board of Directors, who read, discusses, and makes the final accreditation award.
Information about the Program’s Accreditation
- Date of the last site visit: June, 2018
- Award of 5 years accreditation
- Next site visit 2023
The self study was submitted in 2022 and the program is awaiting a site visit in 2023. Below is the current accreditation status letter from JRCERT.
JRCERT Award Letter.
Institution Name: Bergen Community College
Program Type: Bergen Community College – Radiologic Technology Program
Degree Type: Associates Degree (A.A.S)
Program Effectiveness Data
The following is the most current program effectiveness data. Our programmatic accreditation agency, the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT), defines and publishes this information. The information can be found directly on the JRCERT webpage.
Credentialing Examination: The number of students who pass, on the first attempt, the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification examination, or an unrestricted state licensing examination, compared with the number of graduates who take the examination within six months of graduation. The five-year average benchmark established by the JRCERT is 75%.
|Credentialing Examination Rate||number passed on 1st attempt divided by number attempted within 6 months of graduation|
|Year 1 – 2021||26 of 29 – 90%|
|Year 2 – 2020||19 of 22 – 86%|
|Year 3 – 2019||32 of 35 – 91%|
|Year 4 – 2018||18 of 21 – 86%|
|Year 5 – 2017||22 of 24 – 92%|
|Program 5-Year Average||121 of 135 – 89.6%|
Job Placement: The number of graduates employed in the radiologic sciences compared to the number of graduates actively seeking employment in the radiologic sciences within twelve months of graduating. The five-year average benchmark established by the JRCERT is 75%.
|Job Placement Rate||number employed divided by number actively seeking employment within 12 months of graduation|
|Year 1 – 2021||26 of 33 – 79%|
|Year 2 – 2020||17 of 23 – 74%|
|Year 3 – 2019||35 of 40 – 88%|
|Year 4 – 2018||22 of 40 – 55%|
|Year 5 – 2017||23 of 31 – 74%|
|Program 5-Year Average||123 of 167 – 73.7%|
Program Completion: The number of students who complete the program within the stated program length. The annual benchmark established by the program is 70%.
|Program Completion Rate||number graduated divided by number started the program|
|Year 1 – 2021||38 of 40|
|Annual Completion Rate||95.0%|