Community College Students Can Study Abroad! All you need to do is plan ahead!
Bergen Community College belongs to the College Consortium for International Studies (CCIS). This consortium is a partnership of colleges and universities that sponsor more than 80 study abroad programs in 31 countries. Use the links at left to learn more about CCIS, and get started on your study abroad plan today. The earlier, the better so you can explore the study abroad options, funding sources and scholarship opportunities, and plan your course selection.
Why Choose a CCIS Sponsored Program?
- Choice of more than 90 study abroad programs in 20 countries around the world for a semester, summer, or full academic year.
- Option of living with a host family: Many programs feature this option, which accelerates foreign language acquisition and gives in-depth knowledge of another culture.
- Access to student services: CCIS programs offer many extra features, such as orientation, on-site support and academic counseling, social activities, field trips and excursions.
- Wide range of courses: Curricular options include intensive foreign language courses as well as courses in the humanities and social sciences, physical sciences, business, studio art and design, and marketing.
- Entry in programs at all language levels: Foreign language courses are required in non-English speaking countries as part of the semester program; students can start at any level, from elementary to advanced.
- Competitive Costs: Costs vary, depending on the cost of living and currency exchange rates in various countries, but CCIS programs are generally very affordable compared with many other overseas study programs.
- Assistance with credit transfer.
- Eligibility for many forms of financial aid.
Learn more about the programs offered by CCIS on their Web site at http://www.ccisabroad.org.
- Completion of at least one term of college-level courses at BCC.
- Full-time status with good academic standing
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A. Certain programs require a 3.0 average.
- A BCC transcript and an academic evaluation must be supplied with the application form. You may obtain a it via WebAdvisor.
If you have questions on our study abroad programs, please set up an appointment with Professor Amparo Codding by calling 201- 689-7601.