Changes in Accommodated (OSS) Testing
The Office of Specialized Services will now be administering all accommodated exams for in-person classes offered on the Paramus campus.
Test/Exam Drop Off and Pick Up Instructions
- Instructors should drop off test(s) in Room S-121, Pitkin Education Center, between the hours of 8:30 am- 6:00 pm (Monday-Thursday) and 8:30 am- 5:00 pm on Friday with a completed cover sheet.
- The test/exam cover sheet (also known as Faculty Examination Administration Request Form) can be found at https://bergen.edu/oss/oss-forms/
- Instructors should return to Room S-121 following the hours of operation above to retrieve completed tests.
Notes: For convenience, tests can be dropped at any time (with a completed cover sheet) in the secure lock box outside of Room S-121.
Accommodated Exam/Test Appointment
- Students should continue to email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule exams or for any questions regarding the use of accommodations while testing.
Any other questions about this process should be directed to the Office of Specialized Services at email@example.com.
Accommodations for exams refer to any approved accommodations which relate to how a student completes an exam. This can include: extended time, private room, use of a scribe, use of a reader or use of assistive technology. Students who are eligible to use any of these accommodations must be registered with OSS.
Students must submit their Accommodation Letter to faculty and then discuss how exams will be administered.
Students who wish to complete their exams with OSS should follow the steps below to schedule exams:
- STEP 1 – Email your accommodation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- STEP 2 – Students eligible for accommodations for test taking must contact OSS in advance to schedule an appointment. Appointments can be made by emailing: email@example.com.
A confirmation email will be sent to students once a test date has be arranged. Students must either bring their BCC photo ID card or a government issued photo identification on the day of their appointment.
- Appointments requiring use of extra time, calculator, computer, interpreting, or assistive technology will require an appointment two (2) business days in advance.
- Appointments requiring use of a private room, reader, or a scribe will require an appointment five (5) business days in advance.
Accommodated Exam – Frequently Asked Questions
I have an IEP and/or think I need testing accommodations. What should I do?
Students are required to visit the Office of Specialized Services (Room L-115) to obtain accommodations for testing and interpreter services.
For detailed information regarding accommodations request process, visit www.bergen.edu/oss
What if I am late for my scheduled appointment?
If you are going to be late for your scheduled appointment, you must email the Office of Testing Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students who arrive within 15 minutes of their scheduled appointment time may keep the appointment but will have the time deducted from the total appointment time.
- Students who arrive after 15 minutes of their scheduled appointment time will need to reschedule.
- Students who acquire more than three (3) “Lates” without properly notifying the Office of Testing Services may have their services suspended.
What if I do not show up for my scheduled appointment?
Students who acquire more than two (2) “No Shows” without properly notifying the Office of Testing Services may have their services suspended.
What if I need to cancel or reschedule my scheduled appointment?
- You can cancel or reschedule your testing appointment at least 24 business hours before your scheduled appointment.
- To cancel or reschedule your appointment, email the Office of Specialized Services at email@example.com