Office of Specialized Services staff provides assistance to students with disabilities in order to promote equal access to College programs and services.
Additionally, the Office of Specialized Services provides support to faculty and staff and collaborates on college safety policies and procedures.
Senior Director of Student Access and Transition Services
Academic Counselors and Personal Counselors
- Academic Counselors provide academic advisement and support to new and continuing students with documented disabilities.
The counselor’s role is to help students choose a course of study and schedule classes, excel in their classes, overcome obstacles, comply with College policies and achieve their graduation and transfer goals. Information is provided in the areas of study skills, time management and test taking.
- Personal Counselors provide a safe and confidential environment where students have an opportunity to talk about their individual concerns.
With this support, students can explore their alternatives, improve coping skills and make informed decisions. When appropriate, a student may be referred to outside agencies.
Ms. Lois Carmichael
Accommodations Specialists and ASL Interpreters
- Resource Accommodations Specialists work in collaboratively with OSS colleagues to review disability documentation to determine eligibility for services, assist all students with disabilities in understanding their rights and responsibilities, assist with the implementation of accommodations.
- American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreter oversees all levels and aspects of deaf services pertinent to college interpreting/captioning needs.
Resource Accommodations Specialist/ASL Interpreter
Resource Accommodations Specialist
- Support staff provide much needed assistance for daily office activities and special projects.