To set your password for the first time, or to reset it if you forgot it, follow these steps:
- Go to https://my.bergen.edu and enter your full bergen email address. Click Next, and then “Forgot my password”.
- Enter your Bergen Email Address, Complete the Captcha and click Next.
To reset your password you can use any of the methods listed on the left. If this is your first time logging in, you will only have one option, to send a verificaton code to the email address you used to apply.
- Once you have received your verification code Enter it and select next. (For your first time you will only be asked for one method, on subsequent logins you will be asked to provide 2 forms of verification.)
- Finally, you will be presented with a screen prompting you to enter your new password.
- NOTE: If you are only prompted to send an email to your Bergen email address, you are not enrolled in the Bergen Password Manager. Please call the ITS Help Desk at 201-879-7109 for assistance.Password Requirements
Your new password must be a minimum of 8 characters long with at least one UPPERCASE letter, one lowercase letter, and a number. You may use special characters. Your password cannot be the same as your previous 12 passwords, and cannot contain any part of your name or Bergen username.