- Identifies a need for revision and designates a Responsible Office.
- Obtains WORD version of the source document from the External Affairs Office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Edits the document using track changes.
- Consults with Vice President of External Affairs to decide if the changes being proposed are “Substantive” or “Non-Substantive”.
- If changes are “Non-Substantive” then proceeds to obtain the Responsible Executive approval. Sends approval along with two versions of the policy, a “track changes” version (with strikeouts and additions) and a “clean” version (without strikeouts) to External Affairs Office for posting on the policy library website.
- If changes are “Substantive”:
- Coordinates Stakeholder Review.
- Refines draft and sends it to the External Affairs Office for a review of content for clarity, grammar, spelling, and any formatting inconsistencies.
- Obtains endorsement from the Responsible Executive followed by an approval from Approval Authority.
- Sends External Affairs Office approval along with two versions of policy, one with “track changes” and a “clean” version (without track changes.)
- If Approval Authority is Board of Trustees (BOT), works with the President to schedule and obtain endorsement by the appropriate committee and approval by the board.
External Affairs Office:
- Provides consultation to Responsible Executive and Responsible Office at the outset and as needed during the entire revision process.
- Reviews all policy proposals for clarity, spelling, and any formatting inconsistency.
- Sends draft with comments and suggestions back to Responsible Office for obtaining endorsement and approval respectively from Responsible Executive and Approval Authority.
- If Approval Authority is Board of Trustees (BOT), works with the President to schedule committee reviews as a prelude to obtaining approval of BOT.
- Updates policy library website and communicates to the College.
- Notifies Responsible Executive and Responsible Office that the policy has been published.
- Ensures policy is maintained current by review/revision of content on a periodic and as needed basis.