Cooperative Education is a unique educational program which formally integrates academic learning with “real world” work experience. Students have the opportunity to apply classroom learning to professional employment directly related to their major and career goals. On campus, students attend a weekly seminar. Academic credit is awarded for all co-op experiences.
What Are The Benefits To Students?
- To provide an opportunity to gain solid work experience while going to school.
- To gain academic credit toward graduation.
- To provide pre-professional experience to build your resume.
- To begin developing a network of professional contacts that will prove helpful over the course of your career.
- To increase self-confidence and success at school and at work.
- To develop employment skills such as resume writing and interviewing skills.
How Can You Get Started?
Come to the Cooperative Education and Career Development Center and make an appointment to see a counselor. Current employment (if related to major) may also be considered for academic credit.
Cooperative Education Forms
- Co-op Student Information Card
- Co-op Student Evaluation Form
- Learning Objectives Form
- Student Time Sheet
- International Student Eligibility Form
- Co-op Self-Generated Lead Form
Cooperative Education Courses
|462||ACCOUNTING||ACC 201 or ACC 210|
|ALH||463||ALLIED HEALTH||One semester if in Cert. Program, One year if in allied health degree program|
|BNF||462||BANKING, CREDIT & FINANCE||BNF 101|
|BUS||463||BUSINESS||BUS 201, BUS 202, BUS 207, or BUS 208|
|BUS||473/474||BUSINESS FOOD MARKETING||BUS 268|
|COM||461/462/463/464||COMMUNICATIONS||COM 105 OR COM 106|
|CRJ||461/462/463||CRIMINAL JUSTICE||CRJ 101|
|CRJ||473||CRIMINAL JUSTICE-SECURITY & LOSS PREVENTION||CRJ 125|
|DFT||461/462/463||DRAFTING & DESIGN||DFT 207|
|ENV||461/462/463/464||ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY||WRT 101, BIO 101, CHM 100, TEC 180|
|HIS||461/462/463||HISTORY||ANY HISTORY COURSE|
|HRM||462||HOTEL/ RESTAURANT MANAGEMENT||HRM 101|
|HRT||462||HORTICULTURE||ANY HRT COURSE|
|INF||461/462/463/464||INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY||INF 101|
|LGL||462||LEGAL ASSISTANT||WRT 101, WRT 201, LGL 101, LGL 202, LGL 205, LGL 208, LGL 220|
|POL||461/462/463||POLITICAL SCIENCE||ANY POL COURSE|
|THR||464||THEATRE STAGE TECHNOLOGY||PERMISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT HEAD|
|WEX||461/462/463||WELLNESS & EXERCISE SCIENCE -RECREATION||WEX 125 or WEX 164|
|WEX||471||WELLNESS & EXERCISE SCIENCE||WEX 164 & WEX 183|