Types of Financial Aid
Financial Aid is of three sources federal, state and private.
Student families are encouraged to complete the FAFSA application to determine their financial aid eligibility for grants and loans in meeting educational expenses.
Federal Grants and Loans
- Federal Grants
- Direct Loan Program
- Direct Parent PLUS Loan
- Alternative Student Loans
- Federal Work Study
- Tuition Aid Grant
- Tuition Aid Grant (TAG) Award Estimator
- Tuition Free College
- Equal Opportunity Grant
- New Jersey Community College Opportunity Grant
- NJ STARS – NJ Student Tuition Assistance Reward
- NJ GIV -New Jersey Governor’s Industry Vocation Scholarship for Women & Minorities
- BCC Foundation Scholarship Application Information
Resources for NJ Dreamers
NOTES: DACA and Undocumented students should not file the 2019-2020 FAFSA. They should complete the NJ Alternative application instead.
Tuition-Free College Education!
To ensure that students receive or maintain aid, they should:
• create a BCC Portal account with my.bergen.edu and check it frequently
• activate your Bergen E-Mail account and check it frequently
• respond to requests for documents immediately
• be conscious of deadline date.
Financial Aid TV
Financial Aid TV (FATV) provides current and prospective students and families with instant 24/7 access to financial aid information. Some financial aid related short videos discuss important topics such as:
- Applying for financial aid
- Financial aid eligibility
- Types of financial aid (e.g. grants and loans)
- Student loans and income-based repayment plans;
- Education Tax Benefits and Credits
- Federal work study jobs
- Public service student loan forgiveness
- and much more…
Why wait in line at the financial aid office? Click on FATV to get quick and easy-to-understand answers to many of your general financial aid questions!