Financial Aid is now available for Summer 2020 classes!
To qualify, students must:
- Complete a 2019-2020 FAFSA (If selected for verification, all requested documents must be submitted);
- Be enrolled and matriculated in an Associate Degree or eligible Certificate Program;
- Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
Federal Pell Grant
Pell grant is automatically awarded to eligible students.
Pell grant is available “Year-Round.”
If a student received a full-time Pell award during the fall and spring, they may still receive funds for the summer (if they register for 6+ credits).
If they register for less than 6 credits, an award may still be available based on remaining eligibility.
Receipt of Pell grant in the summer reduces a student’s Lifetime Pell Eligibility.
For more information, please visit the Federal Pell Grants Web page
If a student does not wish to receive a summer Pell Grant, they must submit a Pell Waiver.
For more information, we recommend you view the following “Can I receive a Pell Grant if I go to school year-round?” video:
Federal Supplement Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
SEOG will be awarded based on a student’s need (must have an EFC of 500 or less), enrollment status, and available funds.
Federal Work Study
If a student was awarded work study in fall and/or spring, please see the supervisor for summer job opportunities. Students who obtain a summer Federal Work Study position should complete the ‘Request for FWS Statement of Intent’ and submit it to the One-Stop.
Federal Direct Loans
Students must request Federal Direct Loans for the summer sessions. To request the reinstatement of your Direct Loan(s) please complete the 2019-2020-Summer Loan Request Form.
To be eligible for Federal Direct Loans, students must:
- Maintain at least half-time enrollment (6 credits or more for all summer sessions combined)
- Complete a Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling (at studentloans.gov )
- Not exceed maximum annual or aggregate loan limit
- Not be default of a Federal student loan or overpayment of a Federal grant
For more information, please visit Federal Student Aid
Private Student Loans
If you are not eligible for the Federal or New Jersey State financial aid or need additional funding for your educational expenses, you may apply for Private Student loans.
Approval is based on credit worthiness of the borrower and/or co-borrower as determined by the lender.
NJCLASS applicants are required to be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
You may compare lenders and loan programs by visiting http://www.elmselect.com.