Federal Pell Grant
Once students register for summer classes, Pell will automatically be awarded to eligible students.
If students received Pell for fall and spring (full time both semesters), they may be eligible for Year-Round Pell in the summer (if they register for 6+ credits in a single or combined terms).
If students received Pell for fall and spring (less than full time one or both semesters), they may be eligible for Pell from their remaining annual award.
Federal Work Study (FWS)
- Federal Work-Study jobs help students earn money to pay for college.
If a student was awarded work study in fall or spring, please see the Supervisor for summer job opportunities.
More information can be found on the Federal Work-Study Web page.
- To request a Federal Work Study you must complete the form that best fits your availability/work schedule:
- Work from May to June: You will need to complete the 2022-2023 Request for Federal Work Study (online form).
- Work from July: You will need to complete the 2023-2024 Request for Federal Work Study (online form).
Notes: Under the “Which session are you interested in?“: Select the option that is relevant to your work-study employment availability schedule [e.g. “Summer 2023 – Starting …“].
Summer Tuition Assistance Grant (TAG)
Once students register for summer classes, TAG will automatically be awarded to eligible students.
If students received TAG for fall and spring, they may be eligible for TAG in the summer (if they register for 6 credits or more in a single or combined terms).
More information regarding TAG program can be found on the NJ HESAA Website.
Federal Direct Loans
- Students must request Federal Direct Loans for the summer sessions.
- To request the reinstatement of your Direct Loan(s) please complete the Loan Request Form.
- To be eligible for Federal Direct Loans, students must:
- Maintain 6 credits or more for a single or combined sessions
- Complete a Master Promissory Note (at https://studentaid.gov/mpn ) if you haven’t already
- Complete an Entrance Counseling (at https://studentaid.gov/entrance-counseling ) if you haven’t already
- Not exceed maximum annual or aggregate loan limit
- Not be in default of a Federal student loan or overpayment of a Federal grant.
For more information, visit Federal Student Loans Web Page
Private Student Loans
If you are NOT eligible for the Federal or New Jersey State financial aid, you may apply for Private Student loans.
Approval is based on credit worthiness of the borrower and/or co-borrower as determined by the lender.
For more information and to complete the private student loan application, visit elmselect (www.elmselect.com).
Note: NJCLASS (New Jersey College Loans To Assist State Students) loan program applicants are required to make Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).