Need help? Join our Financial Aid Info Sessions!
The Office of Financial Aid within the Student Services Division and seeks to provide high quality service that consistently exceeds the expectations of students and families.
Our primary objective is to assist students in planning for and meeting expenses associated with attendance. We focus on establishing aid eligibility, awarding grants, loans, and employment and providing financial aid counseling for the resolution of problems associated with financing an education.
- We serve as the primary advocate for students, assisting them in securing necessary financial resources.
- We are committed to providing exemplary service to our students, the College community, and the community at large.
- We believe our talented staff will make the difference and help us realize our vision.
Phone: (201) 447-7148
Pitkin Education Building
400 Paramus Road
Paramus, NJ 07652
FAFSA® Reminder: Complete your FAFSA® Form
The process for obtaining financial aid requires multiple steps.
To apply for financial aid for college, use the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form.
It is critical that students educate themselves about the process and their responsibilities as a recipient of financial aid, that they understand the types of aid they are receiving, and that they remain in contact with the office throughout their studies at Bergen Community College.
Bergen Community College Federal School Code: 004736
FAFSA® Filing Deadlines and Workshop information
If you or your family’s financial situation has changed due to loss of job or benefits, separation or divorce, death or other special circumstances, we encourage you to submit the Special Circumstance Form to our office with the required documentation to have your financial aid eligibility re-evaluated.
Items families will need to provide will vary but, in general, for a student’s file to be re-evaluated for Special Circumstances the following must be provided to the Financial Aid Office:
- 2022-2023 Request For Special Circumstance (Online Form)
- Letter explaining the Extenuating Circumstances
- Supporting Documentation (examples are listed on the Special Circumstances form).
Note: Be advised that the submission of an appeal does NOT guarantee an adjustment to the student’s award.