The IT Help Desk provides end-user technology support onsite at our walk-in location on campus, via phone, and online. We are the front door that connects users to a full spectrum of help and support resources. The Help Desk is the quickest and easiest way to get help and is staffed with representatives who are ready and waiting to take your phone call. We have a knowledgeable staff that can help you with the following and much more:
- my.bergen.edu Portal, Bergen E-mail, Moodle, and Self Service.
- Password Resets
- Software and Hardware Issues
- Smart Classroom Equipment — Instructions now located on the desktop of the teacher’s workstation in the classroom
- Wireless and Internet Access — Login to Wi-Fi using your Bergen Username and Password.
Many issues can be resolved over the phone or by remote computer access. If your issue cannot be resolved remotely, we will dispatch a technician to your classroom – regardless of your location. Our goal is to be there as quickly as possible, so please be sure to let us know when you call if you are having a classroom emergency. All who contact the Help Desk will receive an electronic acknowledgment of their request.
Information Needed When Calling the IT Help Desk
To quickly facilitate your request, please provide the following information:
- Your 7-digit College ID# and Bergen Username
- Telephone Number and Location
- A detailed description of the problem including operating system (Windows/Mac) application name, browser, URL/Website Address, hardware type, or account request type
- Exact error messages and steps leading to the problem
- Any other information that may be helpful towards resolving your computer issue
How to Reach the Help Desk
Help Desk Hours
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm