The Honors Association is a student organization that supports the mission of the JKW School of Honors and plans a full calendar of student-driven activities in the Fall and Spring. A sample of those events includes academic presentations, workshops, panel discussions, college tours, study sessions and annual events such as the Spelling Bee. The Honors Association Executive Board, elected annually, works to create new and interesting events each semester to meet the interests of the Honors Association members.
Membership is always expanding and changing so members are not just encouraged to make suggestions for new events, but are also encouraged to design and promote new events with approval of the Honors Director.
The Judith K. Winn School of Honors offers Honors students the opportunity to participate in a number of Honors Enhancement activities or positions and report to the School of Honors Director.
- To support the Mission of the Judith K. Winn School of Honors: “To provide students with an enriched academic experience, to foster intellectual growth, and to enhance competitiveness in admissions to top-tier universities.”
- To educate the college community about the benefits of the Judith K. Winn School of Honors.
- To work toward the pursuit of academic excellence.
All current and prospective Honors students are considered Regular Members of the Honors Association, and are welcome to participate in the Honors Association sponsored events.
Executive Board Officers Fall 2020-Spring 2021
- President: Hamza Chah
- Vice-President: Kayla Brown
- Publicist: Deborah Lee
- Editor-in-Chief of The Honorary: Kate Goodman
- Treasurer: Christopher Jun
- Secretary: Nicolle Asprilla