To Take Honors Courses
Students must meet one of the following criteria to be eligible for the program:
- Combined SAT score of minimum 1700/2400 (old point scale) OR 1200/1600 (new point scale).
- ACT score of 25 or higher in English AND Math.
- Classic Accuplacer score in English of 275 or higher before 12/14/18 AND score in Algebra of 90 or higher before 1/25/19 OR a grade of B+ or better in MAT-040/MAT-048.
- Next-Generation Accuplacer score in Reading of 265 or higher AND WritePlacer of 6 starting 12/17/18 AND score in Algebra of 273 or higher starting 1/28/19 OR a grade of B+ or better in MAT-040/MAT-048.
- College Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.4 or higher with a minimum of 12 college credits.
- A professor’s recommendation and minimum of 12 college credits.
Even one Honors course makes you an Honors student, a claim you may use in your transfer application.
To graduate with the JKW School of Honors Diploma
Students with an AA (Associates in Arts) or an AS (Associates in Science) must complete 18 credits of Honors courses and maintain an overall GPA of 3.4 to receive the JKW School of Honors Diploma.
Students getting the AAS (Associate in Applied Science) or an AFA (Associate in Fine Arts) must complete 12 credits of Honors courses and maintain an overall G.P.A of 3.4.
In addition, a student must apply for Graduation from BCC by the appropriate date and also e-mail [email protected] with a list of the Honors courses he/she has taken.
Note: Under the previous guidelines, all Business majors (A.S. and A.A.S) were required to take 12 honors credits to receive an Honors Diploma. As of the Fall 2012,18 credits are required of those business majors receiving an A.S. Degree and 12 credits are required of those business majors receiving an A.A.S. degree.
Students in certificate programs are ineligible to receive an Honors Diploma.
To register for Honors courses, please visit WebAdvisor, select the desired semester and “Honors” for a full listing of courses. For more information, please call (201) 879-5003.