Phone: (201) 447-7489
Madhvi Shah, Mathematics Tutorial Supervisor
John Cichowski, STEM Tutorial Supervisor
Monday – Thursday 9am – 7pm
Friday 9am – 4pm
The Math and Science Walk-In Center (MSWIN) offers tutorial support in a collaborative setting. The flow of academic interaction among students and tutors allows for reciprocal learning. Therefore, students find the collaboration with their peers motivating.
The MSWIN is staffed with at least two tutors during each hour of operation. In the MSWIN, students can:
- Work on assignments on MyMathLab, do homework, or study for an exam.
- Receive quick assistance with questions that do not require one-hour appointments.
- Obtain practice worksheets or cumulative reviews for finals and proficiency tests.
- Reinforce learned concepts and apply them to solve problems.
The Math and Science Walk-In Center is available to all registered students, and no previous appointment is required. Just walk in, swipe your student ID and start taking advantage of this great opportunity.
Students may visit the MSWN for assistance in the following subjects:
- MAT-011 (Basic Math)
- MAT-040 (Algebra for Liberal Arts)
- MAT-044 (Algebra Topics)
- MAT-048 (Algebra)
- MAT-160 (Intermediate Algebra)
- MAT-180 (Pre-Calculus)
- MAT-223 (Calculus for the Managerial and Social Sciences)
- MAT-280 (Calculus I)
- CHM-100 (Introduction to Chemistry)
Assistance may be available for additional courses in MAT, CHM, PHY, and BIO.