What, exactly, is an Articulation Agreement?
An Articulation Agreement is a formal, signed agreement between Bergen Community College and a four-year college or university. It spells out benefits and advantages for Bergen students when they transfer to that college.
While every agreement is different, most require that the student complete a specific degree or program.
General agreements state that a degree will transfer in full.
- Program agreements may spell out the specific courses required for full transfer.
- Scholarships may be part of an agreement.
- The application fee may be waived.
While agreements can be valuable assets in the transfer process, it is important to note that Bergen students transfer successfully to many colleges where an agreement is not in place.
Current Bergen agreements are listed in the following pages. You can:
- Look for a COLLEGE or UNIVERSITY and learn what agreements are in place.
- Look for a MAJOR to determine which colleges have agreements for your program.
IMPORTANT: Colleges are like people. They change constantly. We make every effort to keep transfer information up-to-date, but this is not always possible. If you believe that you have not been treated according to the terms of an agreement, you are encouraged to speak with a Bergen Community College transfer counselor about the situation.
- For information about creating a Transfer Articulation Agreement with Bergen Community College, please contact:
Dianna M. O’Connor, Ed.D
Senior Director of Student Success
Pitkin Education Center, 1st Floor, In the One Stop
400 Paramus Road, Paramus, NJ 07652
Meeting a Transfer Counselor
- Transfer Counselors are available in the One Stop, Room OS-102, Pitkin Education Center, 1st Floor; appointments are preferred, and can be made in person, or by calling (201) 447-7171
- Transfer Counselors from 4-Year Partner College/University and contact information can be found in the One Stop
Notes: As part of the Center for Student Success, Transfer Partners provide BCC students the opportunity to meet and advisors from our partner schools.
Students work directly with our 4-year partners to plan BCC courses, discuss a transfer timeline, and find out about scholarship opportunities, Grade PGPA requirements and admission information.
Instant Admission Days: for graduating students to streamline and simplify the transfer process.