Transfer And Articulation Services
About Transfer Information
Official Agreements between Bergen Community College and four-year institutions provide a smooth transition for graduates transferring into a 4-year college or university.
These agreements allows a student to use the credits earned in a specific program toward a specific program at another institution.
Types of Agreements:
- Articulation Agreements
- College Partnerships
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU’s)
Statewide Transfer Agreement: The Lampitt Law
The Comprehensive State-wide Transfer Agreement known as the Lampitt Law. Is designed to facilitate a smooth transfer from a New Jersey community college to the New Jersey public four-year colleges and universities.
The Agreement provides for full transfer of the Associate in Arts (AA) and Associate in Science (AS) degree credits for community college graduates provided, the student plans to enroll in a coordinating major at the upper division college/university and, the student has followed certain recommended guidelines as are posted on NJ Transfer https://www.njtransfer.org/
Please note: The Associate in Applied Science (AAS), the Associate in Fine Arts (AFA) and certificates are not protected by this law.
This law does not guarantee acceptance. All admission requirements and academic standards must be met.
NJ Transfer (www.NJTransfer.org) allows students to see how their community college credits will transfer to many public and private New Jersey four-year colleges and universities.
State Schools include:
- Montclair State University
- Ramapo College of New Jersey
- William Paterson University of New Jersey
- Rutgers University
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- The College of New Jersey
- New Jersey City University
- Kean University
- Richard Stockton College of New Jersey
- Rowan University
- Thomas Edison State College
- University of Medicine and Dentistry
The Fairs are two dates – one for New Jersey Schools (state and private) and the second for out of state schools (public and private).
All college fairs are held in the Student Center, Pitkin Education Building, Paramus, NJ.
New Jersey Colleges & Universities:
- Fall 2018: Wednesday, October 17, 2018.
- Spring 2019: Wednesday, April 3, 2019.
Out of State Colleges & Universities:
- Fall 2018: Wednesday, October 24, 2018.
- Spring 2019: Wednesday, April 11, 2019.
Please note: The dates may be changed due to inclement weather.
- Center for Student Success: Room A-118, Pitkin Education Center, 1st Floor.
- Transfer Counselors: Tel. (201)447-7211.
- E-Mail: [email protected]