If you need special transportation there are several services that may be able to assist you:
Bergen County Community Transportation
Bergen County Community Transportation is a division of the Department of Human Services. The Division is here to provide a safe, trouble-free, scheduled transportation system for the disabled, elderly, and frail residents of Bergen County.
- 178 Essex St. Lodi, NJ 07644
- Voice: (201) 368-5955
- Fax: (201) 845-4683
For more information on Bergen County Community Transportation visit the Bergen County Department of Human Services Website.
Provides commuter services. NJ Transit provides buses that are lift-equipped and kneeling buses as well as accessible rail stations.
- One Penn Plaza East
- Main NJ Transit Number 973-491-7385
- 24 Hour Access (Operator-assisted 7am – 7pm) 973-275-5555
- ADA Services 973-491-7385<
Access Link and Accessible Services
Plan an Accessible Route on the NJ Transit Site.
Fill out specific information and make sure you check off the “Accessible” box at the bottom left of the page it will give you the specific route information with accessibility.
- Access Link Number 1-800-955-ADA1 (2321)
- Hearing Impaired (TTY 7am-7pm) 1-800-955-6765
- E-mail address email@example.com
- For more information on Access Link visit the NJ Transit/Accessible Services Website.
Community Paratransit Information
Community paratransit services provide more flexible transportation options. Community Paratransit providers use smaller lift equipped vans and minibuses and may operate modified fixed route, curb to curb, door to door, or on an advance reservation basis.
For more information on community-based transportation services visit NJ County Paratransit Information’s Website.