FAIRLEIGH DICKINSON UNIVERSITY
BCC-FDU Transfer Partnership Highlights
- The BCC-FDU Scholars Program provides the necessary support and administrative services for Bergen Community College students to transition seamlessly to Fairleigh Dickinson University.
- Transfer awards ranging between $18,000 and $20,000 annually are automatically considered for each full-time undergraduate student with an earned associates degree. All admitted transfer students are eligible.
- Phi Theta Kappa members who graduate from a regionally accredited, two-year institution with an associate degree and possess a GPA of 3.0 or higher automatically qualify for an additional $2,000.00 annual award. Applicants must provide proof of an earned associate degree and a copy of a PTK certificate.
- Students who choose to live on campus receive an annual $1,500.00 housing grant and $1,500.00 award for being a “child of a FDU graduate”. However, the above figures are for the Spring of 2021 ONLY. The Fall 2021 transfer awards are being evaluated.
- Additional internal scholarships are available once you become part of the FDU family.
- Students with an earned associate’s degree will receive full transfer credit for general education courses.
FDU Transfer Programs
FDU offers more than 100 degree programs and concentrations in business, engineering, hospitality, sports administration, liberal arts, nursing, allied health, teacher prep/QUEST, and the sciences:
- AA Degrees – liberal arts and sciences; Concentrations in English, Philosophy and Fine Arts. General Education will be met by the approved AA degree; however, two Core courses must be completed at FDU.Application fee waived.
- AA Degree – Communication option. General Education will be met by the approved AA degree; however, three Core courses must be completed at FDU.Application fee waived.
- AS Degree –Broadcast option. General Education will be met by the approved AA degree; however, three Core courses must be completed at FDU.Application fee waived.
- AS Degree – Business Administration. General Education will be met by the approved AA degree; however, two Core courses must be completed at FDU. Application fee waived.
- AS Degree- CriminalJustice. General Education will be met by the approved AA degree; however, three Core courses must be completed at FDU. Application fee waived.
- AAS Degree- Business Technologies – Hotel/Restaurant/Hospitality-Catering and Banquet Option. AS Degree – Professional Studies, Hospitality Option
- The Bergen-FDU Scholars Program
- The Bergen-FDU Dual Admission Agreement.
FDU Transfer Liaison Contact
- Transfer Liaison: Stephen G. Dembowski, Director, BCC-FDU Scholars Program.
- Please have your application and official transcript(s) on file with FDU prior to appointment date.
FDU Transfer Process
- Transfer information: www.fdu.edu/transfer
- Admissions Application: www.fdu.edu/apply
- Link to receive FDU updates and information: FDU Student Information Card
- We’ll review your transcripts on a course-by-course basis and help you select the right classes, giving you the freedom to explore new subjects and remain on a fast track to completing your degree.
- Our transfer and academic advisors will work with you throughout the admission process to ensure you receive the most advantageous credit evaluation possible.
FDU Financial Aid Information
- Financial Aid School codes:
- Metro Campus (Teaneck): 002607
- Florham Campus (Floram): 004738.
- Please file your FAFSA form, fafsa.ed.gov
FDU Instant Decision Days and Virtual Tours
- Instant Decision Days:
- March 11 and 25, 2021;
- April 15 and 29, 2021;
- May 6 and 13, 2021.
Notes: IDD Times: 11:00AM-3:00PM.
- Virtual Tours:
- Metro Campus (Teaneck): www.fdu.edu/campuses/metropolitan-campus/virtual-tour/
- Florham Campus: https://www.fdu.edu/campuses/florham-campus/virtual-tour/